Vintage Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VMF Winshield decals - How do I get one?

9K views 46 replies 27 participants last post by  bbenthin 
#1 ·
Subject: VMF Winshield decals - How do I get them?

Bob, How do we get some of these?? :shrug:

I'd like to show I'm a VMF'r proudly!!!!!! :pirate:

Thanks,

Tony Kovar
1966 Sprint 200 Convertible

#2 ·
+1 :thumbsup:

#4 ·
Grab the popcorn

#6 ·
I think we've established in past posts that there is a demand for them. I don't want to assume what he's thinking, but I'd imagine it'd be quite a PITA for bob to do the fulfillment part for sticker orders. He already does a lot to keep the site up and I know I'm grateful.

All that said, I know I'd buy some. ;)

#9 ·
Why does this have to be an fulfillment issue? How about something like Cafe Press (don't know if they specifically do stickers) where a design is submitted to a 3rd party, the 3rd party collects payment and ships the product, and Bob gets a check for any profits.

In fact, something like Cafe Press, you can set the profit threshhold, ie, 1, or 2 or 5 bucks on every sticker is profit to support VMF.

#11 ·
Well, generally speaking, cost goes hand in hand with quality.

Here's another company, but it would require somebody to coordinate, collect and ship.

http://www.epromos.com/product/9704060.html

If Bob would allow this, we basically need a commitment from everybody involved to pay their share, and buy in to the order equally. Given the service linked, minimum order is 1000. If we go with 2 colors, total cost would be $423 plus shipping. Say 20 dudes are in on the order. They each pay $21.15 but also each get 50 decals. Its more fair to ask interested parties to pay $21.15 for 50 decals, if they only want 1, than it is to ask one dude to pay $400 for 980 decals if he only wants 1.

Obviously the numbers look better the more people involved, 50 buyers gets it down to 8.46 for 20 decals, 100 buyers gets it down to $4.23 for 10 decals, 200 buyers gets it down to $2.12 for 5 decals, etc. Those prices do not reflect a cut for Bob/VMF.

Given those numbers, you can see why it would be a lot easier to go with a business like Cafe Press that would allow everybody to order what they want.

Another option would be if somebody wants to try something like this

http://www.labelsbythesheet.com/ite...tbrusually-ships-same-day-clpl3-4c-detail.htm

and print them, but that material may not be suitable for automotive use. Cost each would be significantly reduced, unless the colors involved eat up a printer cartridge.

#12 ·
Me thinks we have found the person to be our coordinator....let's get this off the ground...I would like to see window clings instead of stickers though.

just my .02

Robin

#13 ·
FYI, Bob has already been approached by others regarding this issue and If he want's his logo made into a window decal again, it will happen in due time.

BTW, CafePress does not produce static cling decals.

#14 ·
I love that sticker! Very classy and it compliments the classic car look. It also puts the original owners of this very elusive sticker in a much envied group.

#21 ·
As stated by cmayna, Bob has the control and when he decides, we may see some. I am sure you will hear if and when they become available.

#22 ·
Hey guys. With regard to the VMF windshield stickers... One of my daughter's sponsors is a sticker company who made our custom windshield sticker for us. He just so happens to have recently bought a 1968 Mustang, and is going to be needing lots of advice. I recommended that he join this site, and as an offering bring his sticker skills as a deal for you.

His name is Mike, and is business is Wicked Stickers .

I am sorry if this violates any group rules, but he is a Vintage Mustang Owner, and he can fill this need for the forum!!!!!

#24 ·
bbenthin,
I forwarded my daughter's sponsor the link. But I am unsure what you mean by sending Bob a "PT". I am confused? Is this a private topic, what is this? As far as you wanting an item for your car or the group, he is equipped to make anything the users or the group may want. You are a member who added "popcorn" to the discussion. I am confused to your involvement. I am a no nonsense type of person. I will PM you with this instead of asking in the forumn.

If this is something that members want or need, he can fulfill the need.

I talked to My daughter after posting this message, and she said that most people do not even know who to contact to get something like a windshield sticker like this made. Once they find out, they go crazy ordering stickers for everything on the planet. These are cheap, and quick to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.