Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Custom front suspension deals!! 15% off!!

11K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  jephs422 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just thought I'd say hello by offering a few deals as a way of saying thanks for having me.

If you are not familiar with our independent front suspensions let me give you a quick rundown on what we do.

Because we started our suspension roots in the Hot Rod industry, we wanted to offer something other than a Mustang II suspension for folks out there with custom cars that wanted a better ride and better handling car. We came up with the concept of making each and every suspension one at a time and designing them all for each individuals application.

At Scott's we do not have any cross members on the shelf, nor do we have a-arms built and laying around. We build and ship hundreds of front ends a year by designing them and building them every time an order is placed.

Every crossmember is unique, every set of a-arms is unique. YOU decide if you want a custom track, YOU decide what you would like your ride height to be.

Anyhow, here are a few pictures of some of our suspensions.

All of our suspensions and components are manufactured in house and all parts are CNC'd in house right here in the good ol' USA.

We do not offer a "budget" unit. All kits come with the following.

1-1/8"x1/4" wall tubular CNC'd A-arms

Fully adjustable upper and lower with Scotts

Billet CNC Machined Rod-Ends (No eccentrics or shims!)

Romig adjustable coilovers

2"x4"x3-1/6" wall Crossmember

Rack & Pinion with outer tie rod ends

Spindles (lowered or standard does not matter, ride height is established before being built)

All bearings, races and seals

11" vented rotors

Single piston caliper

100% TIG Welded with a LIFETIME guarantee on manufactured parts.

In the case of the mustangs, the install is a simple matter of plating your existing "frame" and dropping our crossmember in place. Everything else is already done.

Please feel free to ask any questions. Below is the VMF pricing. No, this is not a group discount. I do not care how many purchase at this price. This is your price Until April 1st!

Standard ifs: Retail $2295.00

VMF price: $1950.00

We offer Power steering for an additional $100.00 but for VMF the upgrade is only $50.00.

Thanks again for the opportunity to join this forum.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sweet looking system! Do you offer just a steering rack conversion? What rack do you use?

John Harvey

#3 ·
JSHarvey said:
Sweet looking system! Do you offer just a steering rack conversion? What rack do you use?

John Harvey
We do not manufacture just a rack conversion, but we are Unisteer/Maval mfg's largest retail dealer in the U.S. I can offer 15% off of any of their rack conversions. You can go to www.unisteer.com for a list of their kits specific for your car/engine.

#7 ·
What spindle do you use for a Mustang kit (1965), and have you accounted for the Ackerman angle?

Thanks.

John Harvey

#8 ·
We manufacture a Mustang II style spindle for most of our front suspensions. As you know Ackerman angle will change based on offset/width of the wheel and tire the individual customer uses. With the inset of the steering arm in relation to the centerline of wheel, in a general application, yes the ackerman angle is correct

For the person that is extremely concerned, the best thing to do is measure the angle before ordering wheels and tires.

For your application(65) and 8 or 10" wide rim with the factory wheelbase and about a 4.5 backspace wheel will be ideal.

I hope this answers your question. if not, let me know.

Jeph

#9 ·
Thank you for the info. Again that is a sweet looking system! :)

#10 ·
Can you make a kit in rear steer? (I have a 4.6 DOHC, with a $400 oil pan on it) I already have wilwood 12in w/6 pistons, can you make a kit that would take those brakes into consideration? What sway bar would I use? I also already have a Randall's Rack and pinion, but I would imagine that I'd need to use your power steering kit, of course.

#11 ·
Rear steer is no problem. Some people prefer the front steer and use a FOMOCO rear sump pan. The rear steer retails at $2595 but your price would be 2205.00. If I take off the brakes, then you'd be 2050.00 even. However, are you sure it's a 6 piston 12" kit? I don't see a listing for that, only a 13" 6 piston..

#12 ·
I built it myself, kind of. I had some brackets machined so I could use the 6 piston calipers, using my stock Ford hubs, with 12 inch rotors, because they are all that would fit inside of my 16 inch wheels. Speaking of which, what would I do for hubs? I'm pretty interested in your kit, and have enough parts that I could sell off my old suspension that I could do it.

#13 ·
well to be honest, I'd have to check a few things to see what you could use and not use. I'll assume if you want to stay with a 6 Piston kit then we can still use your 6 piston caliper, but we would need to use an entire 13" kit less calipers, and if we went with a 12" kit, we could probably use your hub (if it's a wilwood hub) but would need new calipers.

Either way you go, we can figure out a way to make it all work.

#17 ·
Craig M itchell said:
I saw the cool master cylinder on the site will it work with a stock power booster? Whats the VMF price on it?
Craig
If you are talking about our billet master cylinder, we are out of stock on them right now. I do not know when I'll have more in as with the tight economy I just haven't had enough orders to warrant making more.

But yes, they do fit a standard 7" booster. I will see when the boss thinks we can set up another run of them in the machine shop.

Oh, and I'm still looking for the installed mustang pics. In the meantime, here's a few installed mustang pics on our full chassis which is nearly identical dimensionally in front. most of these are just mocked up.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.