Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Roller Spring Perches

26K views 66 replies 37 participants last post by  cougnut68 
#1 · (Edited)
This is the last month for this deal - it will be over 12-31-10

Roller spring perches for 64-73 Mustangs and many other early Fords.

1964-1973 Mustang - 1967-1973 Cougar
1960-1970 Falcon - 1960-1974 Comet
1966-1971 Fairlane - 1968-1971 Montego
1968-1971 Torino - 1970-1977 Maverick

http://www.opentrackerracingproducts.com/photos/rsp1.JPG

$175 including shipping to all 50 states.

Send us an email and mention VMF to get the discount. We accept paypal, checks and moeny orders.

opentracker@sbcglobal.net

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: oller Spring Perches

I can build you a set of AMC perches for that price or less if you have good AMC perches for me to work with. It would take 10-14 days to ship after I recieved the perches. The perches would have to be sand/glass/ media blasted.

http://www.opentrackerracingproducts.com/photos/amcrollerperchgrey.jpg

#45 ·
I can build you a set of AMC perches for that price or less if you have good AMC perches for me to work with. It would take 10-14 days to ship after I recieved the perches. The perches would have to be sand/glass/ media blasted.
Sounds great!
I blasted them but they still have sort of a rough texture. Will that work?
Can mail them off this week

#8 ·
Re: oller Spring Perches

14charli said:
Thanks for the extension of the sale. What is the real difference between the street version and the track version of you perchs?

The Track or Double roller's have a seperate pivot for the shock. This eliminates the bind from spring to shock. The drag racers and road racers use them the most. They are a race part and to be honest, are overkill for a street car.

https://www.mustangsplus.com/xcart/images/P/15016lg-01.jpg

#9 ·
Earlier this summer, I purchased ORP's UCAs, LCAs and Street Roller spring perches for my 64 1/2 Coupe. I also did the Shelby/Arning drop along with the N.P.D negative wedge kit, 620 coils/KYB Gas-a just shocks and a 1" sway bar. All I can say is WOW! My car really handles!
ORP was a breeze to deal with; quick turnaround and easily the best bang-for-the-buck mod I've ever done.
Cheers,
Brian in Colorado

#13 ·
A lot. The more roller perches there are on the road, the safer we all are. It doesn't matter where you get them as long as you do get them. There's a lot of info. on the web about how to make your own. They give the cars a smoother ride, better grip, less bounce going over bumps. The cars are more stable under braking and the steering is more precise. Roller perches have only been on the market for 4 years. They should have came from the factory with them IMO.

#23 ·
For those on the fence, let me say that I was skeptical. Just how much bind could there be in a lowly spring perch?
Well, apparently Plenty! It was a great improvement. The car steers a little easier at low speed and you can tell the suspension action is smoother.
John is a great guy to deal with also.

#28 ·
John, I emailed you today about the roller perches and idler arm. I't be a great Christmas prezzy to myself. Looking forward to them!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.