Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Billet Export Brace

24K views 65 replies 29 participants last post by  Pmustang 
#1 ·
A customer contacted me recently and asked me to build him an Export Brace for his car. Its a show car that will be entering Run Thru the Hills IV, SEMA and the Optima Street Car Challenge Invitatinional.

These are the first parts fresh of the mill. They are billet 6061-T6 aluminum:
http://www.streetortrack.com/files/images/st/export-brace.jpg

http://www.streetortrack.com/files/images/st/export-brace2.jpg

Complete kit with gloss black powder coated brackets and stainless steel button and socket head cap screws:
http://www.streetortrack.com/files/images/st/export-brace4.jpg

Firewall billet bracket:
http://www.streetortrack.com/files/images/st/export-brace3.jpg

With our matching Monte Bar:
http://www.streetortrack.com/files/images/st/export-brace5.jpg

I only planned on making him the one for his car but I've had a pretty good response to it. In todays economy the last thing I want to do is run a production run on a pile of parts nobody buys. I think its cool but do you?

If I can get 8-10 orders (actual commitments with money taken) I'll do a small run and sell them for $199 plus shipping. Let me know if interested - shaun@streetortrack.com

See less See more
#3 ·
johnkammer said:
I would like it better without the powder coating.

I am interested if you get enough response.

John
Great! :thumbsup:

I can send it out without powder, price is the same.

Send me your zip by pm or email and I'll figure out UPS.

#5 ·
johnkammer said:

+1 :thumbsup:

Actually can you get it powdercoated clear instead of black? Or would that be an extra charge?

Zip is 98205

#6 ·
MarkMach1 said:
johnkammer said:

+1 :thumbsup:

Actually can you get it powdercoated clear instead of black? Or would that be an extra charge?

Zip is 98205
Mark,

Powder coating is like most production things, the more you do the same the cheaper it gets. I had a lot of folks prefer black so that will be the main production color.

I can ship them out plain for anybody that wants to powder, polish or anodize them to match their own color scheme. The price is the same because the less I do black, my individual part price increases so it doesn't really save me any money not getting them coated.

UPS is $17.49. You can send Paypal to contact@streetortrack.com. If you don't use Paypal, PM me your # and I'll call to run your card over the phone.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

#7 ·
what does it weigh without the powder coating?
(what does shelby export brace weigh?

I'm interested.

#8 ·
copasspupil said:
Shaun that looks fantastic. Too bad I already have a TCP version or I'd buy those for sure...
My piece that bolts to the firewall will replace the basic TCP angle aluminum bracket. The ball width and holes size they use will slip right into our bracket.

Our plain bracket alone to dress up the TCP unit, complete with all the mounting hardware to attach it to the firewall can be had for $72.

#9 ·
#11 ·
kosanders said:
I'd be interested, but I'd prefer the whole thing clear powder coat as well.
Most folks wanted black so that is the color of choice. I will keep some plain ones back that won't be sent out for powder so you guys can finish these however you like.

If I start finishing 3 black, 5 clear, 1 polished, 6 orange the price will go way, way up and the time I spend with my wife and kids will go way, way down! :p

Remember, I'll start building them once 8-10 orders have been taken and paid for. If you want one, please let me know.

Material and time is expensive and I just can't afford to start this project if some haven't already been sold. :thumbsup:

#29 ·
I doubt that they would work with the efi manifold. I had to make my own, here's what it turned out like:

and they just barely clear, and the piece that bolts to the firewall looks a little bit more narrow than mine -- and I've got the SSI intake which is symmetrical, unlike the typical 5.0 intakes. The other problem might arise at the piece that bolts to the top of the shock tower, it may interfere with air intake piping.

But if Shaun wants to send me one, I'll be a "beta tester" for him. :p:p It does look like a great product.
-rob

#14 ·
copasspupil said:
Great ideas Shaun and for those that want powdercoating, go have it done. It doesn't cost that much.
Right, I just paid $40 for all 3 demo pieces to be black powder coated. It'll be under $5 per kit if I do 20+ kits all one color.

#18 ·
Shaun, how do you get the positioning correct. ie An export brace is preformed, while these look adjustable like the monte carlo bar. I had a heck of a time getting one side on and if I take it off, how do I know I'm getting it back to the right place.

(I am interested though) How many are you up to?

#19 ·
1966conv said:
Shaun, how do you get the positioning correct. ie An export brace is preformed, while these look adjustable like the monte carlo bar. I had a heck of a time getting one side on and if I take it off, how do I know I'm getting it back to the right place.

(I am interested though) How many are you up to?
Well, the 'right place' could only be verified with a chassis/sheet metal diagram. Even a Shelby style Export brace may not get the sheet metal into the right spot.

The idea behind the Export Brace and Monte Carlo Bar is to stop the shock towers flexing inwards\outwards or toward the firewall. Any flexing could alter alignment settings etc. The bracing stops\limits this flexing.

Our adjustable braces stop being adjustable once the jam nuts are secured so they are just as rigid as a stamped piece.

#22 ·
I think the price he is mentioning is for the export only. The Monte Carlo bar pictured is also sold by Shaun separately. If I had the cash I'd be all over one Shaun but my last semester in school seems to be the most financially difficult one due to internship requirements. You can expect an order either for Christmas or in January once I sign a contract. They look bitchin' though!

#23 ·
66HertzClone said:
Shaun, the distributor is level with the top of my curved Monte Carlo bar, so no way your straight bar will fit. However the Export looks good to me, count me in for one of those. The black powdercoat is fine with me. How much for the Export only?
Jeff,

Fred is correct. The Export Brace kit is $199, the Monte Carlo bar is $129.

Shipping to your zip Jeff via UPS is $15.01. If you would like the Export Brace system for your car, please send Paypal to contact@streetortrack.com or give me a call.

#25 ·
When is the cut-off for orders ?

Still trying to decide .

Mike

#26 ·
c6fastback said:
When is the cut-off for orders ?

Still trying to decide.

Mike
I'm taking orders still. Response has been great so I've actually started production already. I'm making a few more than the orders I have so there is a few extra. If those sell well, I'll make more, if not then I won't...

I put up a page on our site to make ordering easier - http://www.streetortrack.com/product.php?productid=24452

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.