Vintage Mustang Forums banner

upholstery TMI - all years-

22K views 63 replies 28 participants last post by  wareagle 
#1 ·
putting an order in to TMI for some pony upholstery and have a few others that want seat covers- 91 GT etc..

only looking at TMI upholstery no other brands.

if theres something your looking for i'll get you a price.

#3 ·
Front standard highback buckets for a 1970 Mustang.

#43 ·
I have a line on brand new TMI 70 deluxe covers with new foam for both front seats. $350 for all

#5 ·
assuming a vert as in your sig... for the 65?

i have an email in with pricing requests.. should have that sometime this coming week.. they dont move quickly.

#6 ·
I need a complete set for a 90 GT...............

I would like pricing on Titanic Grey fabric, vinyl, and leather. If the leather ain't bad I might go with it. Anyways I am looking to purchase now. Do they sell carpet kits?

#7 ·
is the 90 GT small back 24"-

do you have the bolsters or not?
headrests are sold separately FYI..

#8 ·
oh and carpet i may look in auto custom carpets after the seat upholstery portion is done.

is there a better quality/price than the ACC carpets?

#18 ·
is there a better quality/price than the ACC carpets?
Mike, I agree that there is no better than ACC carpets. I'm going to get an ACC carpet for mine, along with major sound proofing on the entire interior.

#10 ·
91 vinyl 24" seats $200
small headrests $25 (headrest upholstery doesnt come with seats)

69 mach one rear seat only $200 - rear alone is 70% of full set price-- better to get all 4 and sell fronts ..

pony full set 65 original black sierra vinyl $200

pony full set 65 with leather-- (custom by tmi- ) $800

91 front gt seats leather $400 (waiting on leather headrest price but assume double of vinyl)

65 conv top boot $70
conv visors jersey clip type $40
standard tmi door panels single color $65

#14 ·
69 mach one rear seat only $200 - rear alone is 70% of full set price-- better to get all 4 and sell fronts ..
Mike, I'll buy the fronts if they are the Sport seat style with the red stripe.

Also, how much would 69 deluxe door panels run? (I believe TMI makes these?)

#12 ·
i'll try to get the 68 door panel price today.. std black

#15 ·
Mike, when are you planning to do an order? I'm still trying to figure out what colors I'm going to put in my car and I wouldn't mind getting some pricing.

#16 ·
ill probably do the initial order after the weekend when things are back to normal..

the 68 standard door panels are the same price as 65-66

#17 ·
Please price the following for me:
'66 Front Buckets(2 seats) - Deluxe(Pony) Light Blue/White
'65 Door Panels Standard White

'67 Fastback Full Set Standard - Black
'67 Fastback Headliner - Black
'67 Fastback carpet - Black

'65 Fastback Full Set - Deluxe(Pony) Ivy Gold/White
'65 Fastback Carpet - Ivy Gold

Thanks

#21 ·
Please price the following for me:
'66 Front Buckets(2 seats) - Deluxe(Pony) Light Blue/White
you will save approx $50 for no rear seat upholstery..

'65 Door Panels Standard White- same as posted earlier

'67 Fastback Full Set Standard - Black- will get both of these next week
'67 Fastback Headliner - Black

'65 Fastback Full Set - Deluxe(Pony) Ivy Gold/White - as posted earlier
'65 Fastback Carpet - Ivy Gold
carpets havent started on yet-- will be after upholstery is finished. one vendor at a time..

#19 · (Edited)
Mike...

You quoted $65 for 1968 standard door panels. I will also need a full set of bucket seat covers for my 68, I need front and rear in Nugget Gold color. Can you get me a price for the Standard covers for front and rear?

I have the seats in my house and I'd love to get things ordered next week, thank you! I haven't had a chance to see what the regular places get for these pieces.

#24 ·
Mike,
Not sure where you are at on this, but I wanted to get a quote on the TMI's Classic Automotive Interiors. This is the Sport Seat Conversion which includes headrests and foam for the front seats and a standard back seat cover. NPD has these on their website. I would need 68 Low Back kit with Color code 68-69 Nugget Gold (Y). I would need the seat foam and the Upholstery kits, NPD has them listed separately. Thank you SO MUCH!

#26 · (Edited)
TMI "sport" means different foam i didnt price that -

other seats i got price on was the red striped mach one --thinking that was "sport"

69 mach 1 sport seat foam $110 per seat
mach 1 sport seat upholstery full set $550 with foam
rear normal mach 1 seat not "sport"
rear only of regular mach 1 full set $290

headrest kits for tmi sport seats $230
full set sport seat upholstery $285
sport seat foam $150 pr

cost on seat foam from TMI is more than laurelmountain sells for retail.. so maybe TMI doesnt make that part - and is reselling it?? or its better and a different brand -- i dont know or laurel is selling below cost but that doesnt make sense either.. but when you add it all up its less than laurels package price..

#27 ·
TMI "sport" means different sides doesnt it and different foam?
Mike, the TMI Classic "sport seat conversion" does mean different sides and different foam. For a 68, it also means added headrests. According to NPD, the seat covers and headrests are one price and the foam is another. The seat covers listed on NPD include a rear seat cover too.

NPD shows a price of $97.50 for the foam (low back for a 68) and the seat covers and head rests are $355.95. This is available on their online catalog on page 6.

As far as MarkMach1, he should add his comments.

#28 ·
npd does list foam at 97.50 per seat-

the $355 set i believe is for a stock 68 headrest material included with the seat material NOT the sport headrests..

i didnt realize all 68s came with headrests --

if you look at their pricelist - the sport seat headrests are $290 pr..
and no way the upholstery is $65...

so you dont need the headrests just the upholstery and foam

and in the NPD link they were kind enough to post the brand of the foam-- i will see on that but most places have $1500+ min order so unless many of us want foam wont be able to get the min to make an order

#29 · (Edited)
Yes, the foam is 97.50 a seat, correct on that. According to the pricelist, the 68's do include head rest covers. The Headrest kit is for the 65-67 only. I called NPD and the guy told me I would need the headrest kit for $286.95, the foam for $97.50 x 2 and the Seat Upholstery kit for $355.95.

#31 ·
mach 1 sport seats front only are $281
mach 1 sport full set of 4 $345

-- its the TMI foam pricing thats bringing the cost up-- i will call american classic today and see if i can swing a deal on the foam - but with shipping from 2 places that might eat any savings..

#34 ·
mach 1 sport seats front only are $281
mach 1 sport full set of 4 $345

mach 1 rear only 70% of full set price - what you originally asked for ??
Someone else asked for the rears only. IIRC it was ITSMYMUSTANG.

I'll make this easy. I'd like to order the Mach 1 Sport full set for $345. Since my car is no where near done...I'll worry about the foam later. Money?? I wouldn't mind bringing you cash, then we can meet and I can check out your car! If that works for you.

Thanks Mike!

#32 ·
american cushion -- doesnt NOT make the sport seat foam-- i just called them-- they also do not make foam for the 91 mustang at all--

website hard to find as they didnt renew the domain some how-- had to call them to get the website

americancushionind.net

stock replacement foam they are near same price as TMI-- but possibly better quality and has a lifetime warranty to original purchaser .

#33 ·
Mike,
Thank you SO MUCH for pricing this:

68 sport seats

headrest kits for tmi sport seats $230
full set sport seat upholstery $285
sport seat foam $150 pr

I'll buy it, thank you for the good deals! Let me know when you get a chance how you want to take care of this. All of the above is in Nugget Gold - 1968

#35 ·
yep NP just email me direct not PM

salesAToutlawbrakes.com

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.