Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Tubular Upper & Lower Control Arms

19K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Shaun @ Street or Track 
#1 · (Edited)
Tubular Upper & Lower Control Arms - SALE!

Our long awaited Tubular Upper & Lower Control arms are now available!

Our long, long, rigorous testing is finally completed and production is already underway. Orders will start shipping February/March 2010.

Order now and take advantage of our pre-release special!

Regular price February 1st 2010 will be $399 a pair for the lowers and $549 for the uppers.

Pre-release special is only $349 a pair for the lowers and $499 for the uppers!

This deal is only good through the end of January 2010. Order now!

More information:
Upper Control Arms - http://www.streetortrack.com/Tubular-Upper-Roller-Control-Arms-pr-24440.html

Lower Control Arms - http://www.streetortrack.com/Street-or-Track-Tubular-Lower-Roller-Control-Arms-pr-24444.html

Street or Track's 66 test mule during testing. Fitted with our Tubular UCA, LCA and our Adjustable Strut Rods.

Upper, Lower and Adjustable Strut Rods Installed

Uppers

Lowers

We've spent years developing, testing and thousands of dollars getting these control arms just right. If you want a suspension with zero bind and zero deflection then these control arms are a major step toward that. Add in a set Roller Spring Perches and our Adjustable Strut Rods and you are all set.

See less See more
#2 ·
Shaun,
Looks great.
What is the deal with the two sets of strut rod bolt holes?
If I need more caster, use the outside set?
Does this include 68 through 70 arms?

#3 ·
Shaun,
Looks great.
What is the deal with the two sets of strut rod bolt holes?
If I need more caster, use the outside set?
Does this include 68 through 70 arms?
Thanks. 2 part numbers for the uppers are available right now for 65-66 then 67-73 cars. Lowers are currently only available for 65-66 cars. 68-73 lowers coming Spring 2010 (67 cars can use our 68-73 lowers with 68-73 strut rod).

The 2 sets of holes on the lowers pictured are the 65-66 models. The arms are interchangeable left and right and because the strut rod connects at an angle 2 sets of holes covers either side of the car. 68-73 cars have the 2 holes parrallel to the cars center line so we build our strut rods with a specific left and right end...

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

#4 ·
I'll prob pick up a pair of these late next month........ I've asked for cash for the Holidays so I can order a set of Victorracers and get back on the track on Jan 20...... I hope to save up enough to also pick up a set of lower arms...

#5 ·
Steve,

Nice! Eliminating the rubber on the LCA inner pivot will really improve things. You'll eliminate deflection and bind in the LCA. A nice combo with our Adjustable Strut Rods you already have. The easily replaceable screw in ball joint will help maintenance down the road also.

#10 ·
No. That is a highly stressed area, especially when the conventional 'coil spring mounted to the UCA' is used. I beleive mounting holes out on tabs and not on the center line of the shaft could cause some flexing of the shaft. Not a good thing on an aluminum shaft.

Our shafts are 1x1" 4140 chromoly. They will outlast the car. Simple and strong:

You can use our arms in the stock, 1" lower Shelby drop holes or 1.75" holes. Lower than stock will get you a better camber curve. Drilling the drop holes isn't a big deal. You can download the paper template free online.

#14 ·
Shaun, get us an update on shipping plans. My next event is Mar 20 and I need to plan garage cave time to be ready by then!

#15 ·
Hey Steve,

Production is on schedule. All the fab should be complete by the end of next week, then its powder and assembly. We are looking to start shipping right around the start of March.

I can't guarantee the lowers you ordered will stop you spinning off backward in the rain though! :p

#16 ·
Thank you to all of you that placed orders and have been waiting patiently (there were ALOT of you). :thumbsup:

Production and powder coating is done and assembly and shipping starts tomorrow. UPS #'s will be emailed once they are boxed and on their way (we are aiming to get everything out by the end of this week).

Please feel free to send us feedback on the parts when you get them.

#17 ·
Received my set of arms yesterday - they look good! Now I need to make some time to install them, the billet export brace and the vario centric kit before Knott's!

Thanks for offering us the deals, Shaun!

#18 ·
I got mine a couple days ago. Real beefy parts and the fit and finish is superb.

Now I just need two of me... one to make money, the other to spend it and install parts. :shrug:

I'll be taking pics of the install and posting them.

-Shannon

#20 ·
my apologies for bumping an ancient thread, however I had a couple of questions I feel may get answered easily here.

1. On your site you mention your upper arms are shorter, allowing 245/45/17 tires...I currently am running late model mustang 17" wheels (94-04 style) which require a spacer on each wheel (1" if memory serves)...My question is, by buying your arms will I be able to run my late model mustang wheels without a spacer...is the a arm set in far enough for this so I don't contact the ball joint?

2. I'm going to purchase a few big ticket items from you within 2-3 weeks, do you every plan on offering a vmf discount code again?

Thanks much!! Jeremy

#21 ·
Jeremy,

Thank you for your message.

Control arm length, no matter how short or long, isn't going to change the backspace of your wheels.

We have a few package deals going on right now - System Packages

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.