Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Vintage Air packages

15K views 34 replies 21 participants last post by  badbot 
#1 ·
looking into a group buy for vintage air a/c setups.. approx 20% off- will be putting the GenIV setup into mine--

been going back and forth between the top 3 brands - Classic- Old Air and Vintage-- all pretty similar.

Vintage air "seems" to have more selection for vent choices than the others ..

PM me for exact price with what model you may want - can get with or without compressor etc-- so if you have a late model 5.0 you can use the original AC pump..

#3 ·
cant leave posts online with the pricing so can only email or PM back--

#5 ·
I went with Old Air Products. Set up went in easy. Non-obtrusive, and higher quality parts than a previous system I had in there.

I'll let you know how cold and quiet it is once we turn over the motor in a few more weeks.

#6 ·
Vintage air "seems" to have more selection for vent choices than the others ..
Just wondering where that info is from. I've been looking at all as well and am about to buy classic auto air specifically because they have the conversion kit that allows the use of original vents. Completely modern kit, can't tell because you use original vents and a/c controls (which are also available new now, specific to 67-68).

Please advise on the better vent selection, as I am open to the vintage air kit if it will work with factory a/c vents.

#7 ·
they all "work" with factory ac vents--

couple of things--

i think VA and Classic are similar quality-- IMO..

as for vents if you look at classics catalog they show say 8 vent choices - for NON original replacement-- VA has like 20 vents--and 8 or so billet ones.. and more firewall hose mounts if your trying to clean up the hoses thru the firewall.

a 67-8 is easy use the original type vents (not cheap even the repros) the center vent is made to fit on all.. a rectangular vent. for a 65-66 there is no original dash vents so the classic air ones to me arent that attractive-- i am still deciding but have ordered both round and rectangular ones so i can see how they look in the car-- CAA doesnt have the nicer vents to choose from.

the Gen4 system from VA does defrost with dehumidify (the AC works on defrost like all new cars) -- i am not sure but i dont think the CAA does this.. at least on their mustang systems

when you order a 67 system for a factory air car they dont supply vents -- also they assume you have a factory ac switch to control the system-- if your converting to factory vents from a non ac car you need the non ac setup in order to get the switch to work with your normal heater switch..

#9 ·
PM sent

#11 ·
PM sent.

#12 ·
Mike, what's the status of this deal? I emailed VA a couple days ago referencing VMF and they got back to me with the list price. Did I miss it or do I need to specifically ask for it or go through you?

Thanks.

#14 ·
What ever came of this? I'm going to be needing a VA system minus the compressor since I'm using a Fox Body 5.0 and can get the compressor elsewhere unless VA will supply the 89-93 compressor.
I'm two or three months away at this time though....

#15 ·
I was approached by someone selling a VA kit with polished compressor from the Boss32Registry. Is for 69-70 cars. I passed but was discounted pretty nice, all still in boxes. PM me for his info.

#16 ·
can get it whenever

you would want an underdash kit only then a universal hose kit..

thats what i ordered for my 68 thats getting a 5.0 transplant..

the 69 setup wont work afaik in yours

#19 ·
Just Ordered my kit for my 65 from Mike.

Now my wife MIGHT actually agree to go on the power tour with me next year!

Thanks again!

Jason

#25 ·
have to send me a PM i dont always check the thread.. and cant post prices as in a year the thread will be here but the pricing will be outdated

#26 ·
pm for current prices--

there has been a common request
vintage car with 5.0 transplant and using 5.0 a/c compressor

currently VA doesnt make a "kit" that will work with that compressor as a package complete less compressor.

you have to build it by parts

one underdash gen4 evap assy
one dryer with condensor

then hoses-- either univ or you have made locally.

it also depends if your using the serpentine or v belt setup on the 5.0.. as VA kits come with brackets they are all made for v belt..

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.