Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Shelby Steering Wheel

7K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  rotorshawn 
#1 ·
#2 ·
IF and this is a big "if" its the lecarra or motolita wheel then $159 is a deal .. but since the image large i cant see the logo i am not sure its not a chinese knock off.. then at $159 thats not to impressive- as "the real deal" Motolita-- which is who leacarra buys theirs from as well-- retail for $239 with no hub or adapter--
id rather pay extra for the real wood motolita from the UK. i was looking into a group buy for them and the 14" would be about $210 and the 15" $190.. hubs separate as horn buttons and either billet or plastic ..

#4 · (Edited)
same wheel. as first post--it says its a knock off in those pics.

. i have an issue with chinese knock off ****-- theyre totally ripping off the moto lita design..way too much we buy is offshore as it is..

since you bought one where is it made? im assuming the worst that its chinese..

#5 · (Edited)
The wheel at Cobranda is either $300 for the repro or about $500 or more for the real deal - I was looking on ebay for one and found this. Mahogany and the whole deal. Does not include an adapter or horn button but that can be sourced from Lecarra.

Worth a look anyway. I plan to dive in. A decent price.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Looks like the one I got from Mustangs Unlimited. I would just go ahead and buy the kit. It came with Lecarra stuff.

1968-1976 FORD MUSTANG STEERING WHEEL KIT SEBRING STYLE | eBay

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/m...market-steering-wheel-poll-4.html#post4184801

#6 ·
There is no markings to id where the wheel was made .
All I can say is the wheel loos great .

Mike

#7 ·
I bought one of these a couple of years ago. Still in the box since I'm still building, but it is a very well made steering wheel. I got the wheel and the hub with horn button for $200

#15 ·
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.