64.5 vert rust free survivor :
Stacked EFI- Ford strokers 347
Hydroboost/InfinityBox /Coilovers
4 link rear w/17 x 9's
13" custom brakes

64.5 Vert (all original sheetmetal)
68 survivor vert- 5.0 AOD wifes driver
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3363178 64.5 build
www.cartelclassics.com (all will eventually load here)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 08:10 PM

Will the fuel lines come out in the stock location or in the trunk? I'd be in if they come out in stock location. Extra credit if they make the 22 gal to fit the 65!
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplin View Post
Will the fuel lines come out in the stock location or in the trunk? I'd be in if they come out in stock location. Extra credit if they make the 22 gal to fit the 65!
Ditto.

post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 06:17 PM

PM'd
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

all the later tanks to a 70 fit in a 65 so why wouldnt this one?

ive used both the 69 and 70 tanks in early cars..

on most EFI builds i use a "ricks" tank - they are nice- stainless and can be custom made for more exhaust room- but they are $1000 + or so.. and for a mustang i have them made narrower on one side to make more exhaust room as the tank isnt centered

i want to put a 4bbl efi setup on the wifes car this year and for that i think the tanks inc tank will be more than sufficient and for the majority of the efi conversions that are done.

the ONLY tank that comes out in stock location is a ricks that i know of- i can get those as well but thats no where near the price point of these-

im not a fan of the stock tank with a sump welded - or of using 2 pumps and a pump to a remote tank -

i much prefer the OE style with built in baffles so the tanks inc is the closest at this point- unless spectra in montreal ever makes a efi tank for mustang then it might be in the stock location- like they do the camaro oe efi tanks

the issue with a early mustang is the sender and the feed is the same original hole- even if someone made a tank that had the OE location for the lines there isnt a off the shelf pump to buy that would fit properly and be easy or cheap to replace- they would need to make a tank with a bolt in flange for a pump then another flange for a sender-

hard to have everything with the economy price

Mike
4 link rear w/17 x 9's
13" custom brakes

post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 01:45 PM

Sounds like you have done a few swaps, so tell me, what is going to be my biggest hurdle? Putting a 90 motor in the 68. With the Tanks tank obviously.

post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

the biggest hurdle is the efi wiring- the rest is quite straight forward--

ive done the conversion many different ways- using the fox intake and wiring a few times (not into early mustangs but other cars)
- but personally i think they look "wrong" in a early car and i would use standalone or msd atomic or fast efi- so can use a 4bbl intake and stock looking air cleaner but thats me.

now i know most will probably check CJ and they have the tanks both with or without the pump and sender. this should be more than10% less after adding the shipping cost .

Mike
4 link rear w/17 x 9's
13" custom brakes

Last edited by fonebooth; 03-06-2016 at 09:15 PM.
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 08:41 AM

Garage
PM sent & received so sign me up for the deal.

US NAVY VET - 65 Custom Fastback GT-A-code. FiTech EFI w/Tanks Inc. w/Aero 340 LPH pump, TCP Power R&P; Full front coil over conversion w/1" Shelby drop; TMI Sport R custom interior; T5 TKO, Speed Hut custom speedo; Autometer Phantom gauges; SSBC Force 10 -13" disc brakes w/10.5" rear disc brakes; 24" Griffin Radiator w/twin 11" 2800 CFM fans; Classic Auto Air AC; Truck-Lite 7" LED headlights; Mustang Project Shelby LED sequential taillights. 2001 Bullitt rims w/Nitto NT555 235x45x17 tires.

post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 01:59 PM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to coolblue65
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonebooth View Post

on most EFI builds i use a "ricks" tank - they are nice- stainless and can be custom made for more exhaust room- but they are $1000 + or so.. and for a mustang i have them made narrower on one side to make more exhaust room as the tank isnt centered

i want to put a 4bbl efi setup on the wifes car this year and for that i think the tanks inc tank will be more than sufficient and for the majority of the efi conversions that are done.

the ONLY tank that comes out in stock location is a ricks that i know of- i can get those as well but thats no where near the price point of these-

im not a fan of the stock tank with a sump welded - or of using 2 pumps and a pump to a remote tank -

i much prefer the OE style with built in baffles so the tanks inc is the closest at this point- unless spectra in montreal ever makes a efi tank for mustang then it might be in the stock location- like they do the camaro oe efi tanks

the issue with a early mustang is the sender and the feed is the same original hole- even if someone made a tank that had the OE location for the lines there isnt a off the shelf pump to buy that would fit properly and be easy or cheap to replace- they would need to make a tank with a bolt in flange for a pump then another flange for a sender-

I am interested in what kind of price you could get with a group buy as I am dangerously close to pulling the trigger on an FI Tech set-up.

But just so you know, Spectra IS already selling a stock style tank (16,20 or 22gallon) that comes with a fuel pump and sender in the stock location. In fact there is post about one in the Mod & Custom section, I am already leaning in this direction.

ET: 12.7@109 mph
ENGINE: FiTech EFI, DSS 347, AFR 185s, Vic Jr, XE274HR cam, MSD ign, Hooker Headers, Magnaflow exhaust
DRIVELINE: Tremec 3550, Pro 5.0, Fidanza AL Flywheel, McCleod clutch, 3.55's, 13" GT Front & Cobra Rear brakes
SUSPENSION: 17" TTII's, 235/45 tires, 620 coils, Shelby drop, 1" & 3/4" sway bars, Monte Carlo bar, S&T strut rods, Bilsteins, & roller perches
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

i saw the 22 but never saw the other tank sizes till i looked today--

im just concerned with the baffles (or lack thereof) in the spectra tank-

anyone used a spectra tank and how is it at less than 1/4 tank? no issues?

i will see if Scott drake has those less than rock auto -

Mike
4 link rear w/17 x 9's
13" custom brakes

post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:

Do you have any more info or pics of the Rick's Tank that are custom made to provide more exhaust room?

The exhaust tips I want to run (same ones that GT-Rich used) are really close to the spring shackles and tank on the driver's side may not fit the way I want them to. If there is a tank that gives some more room, I'd be interested to see it because I really want to use those exhaust tips.
post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 10:47 AM
Supporting Vendor

We might consider it with our tank.

Mustangs to Fear Mustang Parts Catalog - Select a Year

If you want to contact me please send me an email at hotrodmtf@gmail.com and not a PM through this forum. Thanks.

post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

the ricks tanks i have made are the same as what is on my car.. should be some pics on cardomain still-

i have full 2.5" mandrel exhaust with v bands and the last foot beside the tank is 3" stainless - i highly doubt would have fit with a stock tank

Mike
4 link rear w/17 x 9's
13" custom brakes

Last edited by fonebooth; 03-13-2016 at 01:09 PM.
post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
the ricks tanks i have made are the same as what is on my car.. should be some pics on cardomain still-

i have full 2.5" mandrel exhaust with v bands and the last foot beside the tank is 3" stainless - i highly doubt would have fit with a stock tank
I just went through your pics on car domain and didn't see it. If you have some that you could post, that would be great.
post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangstofear View Post
We might consider it with our tank.

Mustangs to Fear Mustang Parts Catalog - Select a Year
Thanks. I may give you a call.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page