US Mags Rambler wheels on Flamed 66 Mustang - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums

10Likes

post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Good idea on the suspension articulation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhtx View Post
Snow
We didn't get any 200 miles south of you. It was colder than (fill in with your favorite choice) but no ice or snow.
Yeah we got a lot, but only for the day. Supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow. Go figure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 10:21 AM

Your car looks great Blake! Really digging the flames and fastback! I had to go with a thin 215 on my fronts due to the deeper drop. Might be able to get away with 225 next time I need tires.
My car is just about complete, all windows are in, just need to finish seat belt installs , a safety switch, and a kick down. But here's my iPad wallpaper!
It'd be awesome if we could get a pic of our cars together

66 coupe | deep impact blue | 17" US Mags Ramblers | DSS 331 | TFS heads/Stage 1 cam | Dynomax Bullet mufflers | 3.80 Trac Lok posi | C4/Shift kit | PA Performance Billet Servo/Finned deep pan | CalTrac bars | 120mm Halo led grill lights | iPad mini Console/hidden pioneer stereo | Enclosed trunk/10" Kicker
Finally completed- working on last bugs....
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 01:05 AM

^^^ did you paint the window trim or is it not on yet?
I just got the ramblers in 18" for my 67 but not feeling them 100%. Might throw them on the 66 and see if I like it better

post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldog View Post
^^^ did you paint the window trim or is it not on yet?
I just got the ramblers in 18" for my 67 but not feeling them 100%. Might throw them on the 66 and see if I like it better
WIndow trim isn't on in that pic but I did paint them flat black, and powder coated the vent window, side window frame, and quarter window frames all black as well.
I also blacked out the quarter trim that's chrome In the picture

Honestly man, I feel the ramblers look amazing on vintage mustangs. Friend of mine has em in 18's on his 67 and it looks awesome

66 coupe | deep impact blue | 17" US Mags Ramblers | DSS 331 | TFS heads/Stage 1 cam | Dynomax Bullet mufflers | 3.80 Trac Lok posi | C4/Shift kit | PA Performance Billet Servo/Finned deep pan | CalTrac bars | 120mm Halo led grill lights | iPad mini Console/hidden pioneer stereo | Enclosed trunk/10" Kicker
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 12:54 PM

Look A++
are the tires 45 profile?
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
If everything goes to plan, I'll hopefully be installing the new front suspension on Sunday. Won't get to lowering the rear at that time, but at least the front end will be riding where it should soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66/93project View Post
Your car looks great Blake! Really digging the flames and fastback! I had to go with a thin 215 on my fronts due to the deeper drop. Might be able to get away with 225 next time I need tires.
My car is just about complete, all windows are in, just need to finish seat belt installs , a safety switch, and a kick down. But here's my iPad wallpaper!
Thanks man! That would be so great to get our cars together. Too bad we're in the same state and still 9 hours apart, lol. Your car has been a big inspiration to me. I can't tell you how nice it was to have pics of yours to drool over while I waited a month to get mine delivered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joespony67 View Post
Look A++
are the tires 45 profile?
Yes sir. 245/45 and 255/45

I'm not an expert, but I play one on the internet.
post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 11:14 PM

http://rs880.pbsrc.com/albums/ac7/el...h=480&fit=clip
Looks like almost the same blue. Mine is a Toyota color.
Still need o get the front down about an inch or so.

post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeTX View Post
If everything goes to plan, I'll hopefully be installing the new front suspension on Sunday. Won't get to lowering the rear at that time, but at least the front end will be riding where it should soon.

Thanks man! That would be so great to get our cars together. Too bad we're in the same state and still 9 hours apart, lol. Your car has been a big inspiration to me. I can't tell you how nice it was to have pics of yours to drool over while I waited a month to get mine delivered.

Wow that's cool to hear! Thank you for the compliment!

Yes sir. 245/45 and 255/45
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldog View Post
http://rs880.pbsrc.com/albums/ac7/el...h=480&fit=clip
Looks like almost the same blue. Mine is a Toyota color.
Still need o get the front down about an inch or so.
This car looks sweeeeeet!^^^^^

post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 12:29 AM

Thanks. Its coming together slowly. Soon as I get few warm days in a row I'll start painting trim black also.

post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
That 67 looks great man. 18's?
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 07:12 PM

Yeah 18s on the 67.
245s in back and 225s in front

post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:

This looks awesome. These are the wheels that we have decided to get for our 65. Haven't decided whether to go 7 or 8 inch wide. Why did you decide to go 7 inch wide?
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraFirma View Post
This looks awesome. These are the wheels that we have decided to get for our 65. Haven't decided whether to go 7 or 8 inch wide. Why did you decide to go 7 inch wide?

I bought the 17x7 for front and 17x8 for rear. It was what was suggested for the early cars. And I'm glad I did because my front is just inside the wheel lip, which I just had rolled. If it were 17x8, it would've hit big time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I bought the 17x7 for front and 17x8 for rear. It was what was suggested for the early cars. And I'm glad I did because my front is just inside the wheel lip, which I just had rolled. If it were 17x8, it would've hit big time

No spacer needed I take it?
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraFirma View Post
No spacer needed I take it?

I did use a thin 1/4" spacer up front only because my cobra caliper was hitting the wheel on the COBRA lettering. Otherwise I wouldn't have needed it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page