US Mags Rambler wheels on Flamed 66 Mustang - Page 3 - Vintage Mustang Forums

8Likes

post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Good news: new suspension is it and the ride height is finally where it should be.

Bad news: I have some clearance issues still. Hopefully when I get it aligned they can adjust the caster to buy me some more space between the tire and lower-front edge of the fender.

My advice is to get a narrower tire (like 225) on the front if you have a 65-66.
66/93project likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeTX View Post
Good news: new suspension is it and the ride height is finally where it should be.

Bad news: I have some clearance issues still. Hopefully when I get it aligned they can adjust the caster to buy me some more space between the tire and lower-front edge of the fender.

My advice is to get a narrower tire (like 225) on the front if you have a 65-66.

Exactly why I did a 215 up front. I just had the fenders rolled and by the looks of-haven't really driven the car on public roads yet-I could've done a 225 as you said... next time I need tires though!

Car is lookin good with that drop Blake!

66 coupe | deep impact blue | 17" US Mags Ramblers | DSS 331 | TFS heads/Stage 1 cam | Dynomax Bullet mufflers | 3.80 Trac Lok posi | C4/Shift kit | PA Performance Billet Servo/Finned deep pan | CalTrac bars | 120mm Halo led grill lights | iPad mini Console/hidden pioneer stereo | Enclosed trunk/10" Kicker
Finally completed- working on last bugs....
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thank you sir!

I've been busy with life the last week, so it may be this coming weekend before I can play with it. I'll update when I can.

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeTX View Post

Blake,
what size brakes you running? front and rear setup?
thanks!
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well, after an odyssey trying to get narrower (215) tires on the front that included the tire shop ruining both front wheels, they're replaced and I finally have it aligned after replacing the front suspension.

It drives straight, handles great, no squeaks or noises and no rubbing.

Took too darn long to get it on the road but this chapter is finally done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis View Post
Blake,
what size brakes you running? front and rear setup?
thanks!
Granadas on the front, about to have Explorer discs on the back. Stock drums on the rear for the moment.
Huntingky and 68Hildago like this.
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 08:46 PM

Looks Great!

...Marco

'65 Mustang Inline 200. Oz 250 Head, Holley 350,
Schneider 260/270 cam, Headers, DSII, MSD 6A, and a whole lotta other stuff!
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65coupei6_2 View Post
Looks Great!
Thanks! I'm really happy with the results, even if the path there was a bit painful, lol.

I'm not an expert, but I play one on the internet.
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 10:01 AM

Wow what a ride, great looking cars guyz! One thing I have learned is if you are considering altered UCA, go with shorter ones and a lower Arning drop. I am at 1/2 inch shorter, with a 15degree change in ball joint angle - e.g. what a negative wedge kit would do. You end up shimming the UCA back out but now you get more negative camber as the suspension drops. Picture the ball joint higher than the anchored end of the UCA so it rotates upward and inward at the ball joint with a tighter arc radius by 1/2". Makes a big difference in tire clearance but leaves it looking great at the ride height. I am able to clear 225s no problem now with 8" rims 4.5" offset. Turn-in is awsome also with the added neg camber - great unless you already oversteer...

Nice rides guys!

Heavy Metal Thunder Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW3L_O7N_xs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page