Want to use modern rims on 1970 fastback - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Want to use modern rims on 1970 fastback

I saw a set of 2016 mustang rims that look amazing and was wondering if they could fit my fastback, they are 19 inch rims. I tried to do some research on this but I only found people putting 2005-2008 mustang rims on their mustang and they had to use spacers, is there a way to put these on mine with little modification? Thanks very much in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 11:46 AM
Sick of Corporations

Find out the width of the wheels, the current backspacing/offset of the wheels, order bolt on adapters to adjust them to the right size (for example an 8 inch wide wheel you want to be at 4.75bs), then take the tires off and order smaller sidewall profile tires....talking 30 to 35 range to keep it at the happy size of 25.5-26 inch total OD

You're spleen might not be happy but they will fit on the car.

Nick
1965 Fastback 410c AOD - DT
1967 Fastback 347 T5- Cruiser
1968 Fastback 408w T5 - Brute
1991 GT Hatch - Fauxbra
1996 Dodge Viper GTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LUK2D0GjdY
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgestang View Post
Find out the width of the wheels, the current backspacing/offset of the wheels, order bolt on adapters to adjust them to the right size (for example an 8 inch wide wheel you want to be at 4.75bs), then take the tires off and order smaller sidewall profile tires....talking 30 to 35 range to keep it at the happy size of 25.5-26 inch total OD

You're spleen might not be happy but they will fit on the car.
ok thanks, ive decided on a set of 18x9 FR500s so maybe those will fit a little better

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 12:29 AM
rpm

I have 2010 Mustang GT 18x8 on my 69. I had to use a 1" wheel spacer to clear the tube control arms. I'm not familiar with the backspacing on those 2016 wheels, but with the proper adapter you should have no issues.

Bob

There are 2 types of people, those who own pickups and those who borrow them.

69 M code Mach 1, 393w AFR 185, C5 trans, 3.50 traction lok N case, 13" 01Cobra 4 wheel disc, QA1 4 wheel coil covers, Chromo tube susp arms, Triangulated rear arms, Convertible inner rockers & seat riser, 6 point roll bar.

Build Pics http://s782.photobucket.com/user/rob...?sort=3&page=2

Build Thread
http://1969stang.com/forum/index.php...bitch-is-back/
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm View Post
I have 2010 Mustang GT 18x8 on my 69. I had to use a 1" wheel spacer to clear the tube control arms. I'm not familiar with the backspacing on those 2016 wheels, but with the proper adapter you should have no issues.

those look really nice, im gonna run 18x9s on mine and i will be using a mustang 2 suspension in the front so i will probably have to use a spacer similar to yours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page