Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1967 Fastback wheel/Tire Upgrade

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  joespony67 
#1 ·
I have a 1967 Ford Mustang GT Fastback with a 289cu engine . I currently have the original 14inch Styled steel rims with radials on the car.

My son want to go a little more of an aggressive stance than the look from the stock wheels and tires.

I would like to go with raised letter tire – like the BF Goodrich Radial TA? Are there any issues moving up to a 15 inch wheel?
If I buy new 15 inch wheels- How large of a tire can I buy without having any clearance issues? If anyone can make some specific recommendation- we would be grateful so we do not make any mistakes. I really like the 15x7 Magnum 500's if that would work .Again , any receemndations for correct offset etc? I have stock drum brakes on rear and stainless Steel Disc on front.
Thanks
Scott

#3 ·
Maybe I get him to fall in love with even larger ;).....although I like 15s as much as the next guy does.
No issues with 15 inch wheel as long as you buy the right size. Magnum 500s work. Torque Thrust Ds work....

#6 ·
"How about this... " I have NIB Scott Drake 15x7 styled steel wheels - but I want the 14" ones...

If yours are new/near-new we could meet to swap... Let me know...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.