Vintage Mustang Forums banner

69 Grande'- real Barn find

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  sherif 
#1 ·
$3,500 I found this in a barn in PA, where it had been for 30+ years. We had to remove a wall to get it out and it was sitting next to a 66 GT HT. I got a Marti Report on it and it's 1 of 11 with colors and I personally spoke to Kevin regarding the options. He feels it's 1 of 1 with the options, but I bought the car to swap some into my 69 GT convert. I am removing the cruise control, tach dash, tilt steering wheel & rim blow and the AM/8 track. Remaining is the deluxe dash & clock, PS, AC, PDB, 9" 3.00 posi, and complete interior. I am also leaving the dash wiring harness, as I am getting a refurbished one from Midlife. It has a 351C. I found paperwork in the dash regarding the removal of the 351W and putting in a rebuilt Cleveland. From the mileage noted, it was put in the barn shortly after the swap. I'd go thru the C, as it's been sitting a long time. The car is currently south of Orlando, but I am working in the Savannah area and could bring it this far North. For a nominal fee, I could go a little further. The car will need some work, but it has that potential and many like the deluxe cars. I have a clear Florida title for it and had the VIN checked by the local Sheriff. Tires are toast, but I will try to find 4 that hold air for transport. The ones on it lasted long enough to get it out of the barn and on the trailer! Doors, hood and rear 1/4's are rusty and will need replacing. I have not looked under the carpet, but the trunk is fairly clean- nothing I've seen more than surface rust.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like a nice project for someone...

I've always liked the '69 Grande' .

:eek:)

Tony K.

Reactions: Israel
#3 ·
69 Grande'

Tony- I can deliver to Melbourne!

#5 ·
Price lowered- $2K

Since I finally took some of the parts off that I needed, there's still a lot of the options left, but I'd rather sell it as a whole than part out every little piece. The entire PDB system, AC system, PS system is there. The 351C & FMX are intact ( someone swapped the 351W for the 351C a long time ago, but according to paperwork in the glove box, it was rebuilt just before putting it in the barn). 9" trac-loc, complete deluxe interior and panels, tach wiring harness still there. Most body panels are rusty, as with the floor, hood & fenders. Trunk lid isn't too bad. For someone needing a lot of the little pieces as well as major parts, this would be a good candidate. $2,000 OBO

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.