Vintage Mustang Forums - View Single Post - Best suspension package for $3-$5k for 67'-68' mustang.
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 07:05 PM
Nailbender

I've been looking into this for a few years now including doing some of my own modifications on the front end. I know for me I have found no perfect system or a combination of parts from various venders that meet what I think my front suspension setup should be. I'm a cabinet maker, so what do I know about suspensions anyway? Although I'm not sold on the use of Heim joints on a mostly street "with some autocross" suspension, I'm going to be ordering "Shaun's" Street or Track coilover system because it comes closest to what I want to accomplish and the reviews are all crazy positive. I guess I'm spoiled by modern cars and want a modern coil over suspension and overdrive transmission in my old Mustang. I am OK with the factory AM radio though!

Do a lot of research!

65 C Code hardtop from California still wearing it's original paint.
Roller 331, TW 170 heads, T-5z, FiTech EFI, FPA Headers, Arvinode exhaust, SoT Bilstien coilover front suspension, TJ on eBay 8" 3.40 Trac-Loc 3rd member. Mustang Steve 2008 GT bracketed 12.4" front disks

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome