Vintage Mustang Forums - View Single Post - Today's word is INCOMPETENT.
View Single Post
post #809 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
1969sag

They already did the rebar see the prior pic's. The blocks with an X marked on them are to indicate where the rebar is for the inspector.
It is code that every 3rd block, or 4 feet, get rebar. Up to 3 course high, or more. Then inspected. Then it gets grouted in, and more rebar installed where needed for more courses.
Then. Back fill and more inspection.
After that Plumbing for the sewer, water, and gas. Then Plumbing inspection. Then the pad will be poured 6 inches with steel mesh reinforcement. Like the picture above.
I do not know about the L block.
He wanted to start 6 inch block for the next 3 course of block to get a lip around the perimeter of the slab.
Because this block is currently above the finish floor height, by a few inches. I do not exactly know how he intends to do the slab.
This is a conversation I will have with him the moment I see him.
Technically speaking. He can go 2 feet above the lot's front curb to meet city code. This is the code for the grade of the yard.
BUT.
I was given special instruction for this to be less. To be at 1.5 feet grade. Because I have house basement window sills to contend with. If the garage finished floor height is too high, the future new drive way grade would be too high, and end up being over the house's basement window sills.
This is a concern for me.
It is no big deal if the slab floor is floating.

Joe in Detroit
1969 Mustang Sports Roof (SAG = Sports Appearance Group) 1 of only 5,729
1966 Ranchero Custom 1 of only 11,000 made. (For Sale)
2014 Mustang V6 premium pony package
1969 Mustang Grande (sold)

Personal Quote from 5-1-15. ''DRIVE IT LIKE YOU HAVE TO POOP!"

"It was a beautiful day, the sun beat down
I had the radio on, I was drivin'
Trees flew by, me and Del were singin' little Runaway
I was flyin'"
Tom Petty, Runnin Down A Dream.

Last edited by 1969sag; 06-09-2019 at 06:39 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome