Vintage Mustang Forums - View Single Post - Lighting Upgrades
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 11:12 AM
Klutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
I put dual relays in for my headlights, one for the low and one for the high beam and it made a great difference, but then I went with DOT approved LED headlights and it is like night and day. There are two kinds each about $150 each. One is from Grote, and the other, which I have is Truck-Lite 27270C 7 round LED H4 headlights.

You can Google each one and find them on eBay, Amazon and most times they will be under the $150 each price range. The Truck-Lite ones come with a 3 year warranty, and since they are DOT approved won't blind anyone like the conversions where the housing isn't setup correctly.
Hey, thanks for posting this. I was curious about LED headlights and when I search online, all I get are stupid HALOs.

I agree about the LED kits from GTO Navy. I have his full kit installed on my 1970 Mach 1; amazing! The backup lights are now brighter than the headlights. People can actually see my side marker lights and tail lights. And they can REALLY see the brake lights! Can't wrong with those kits.

Currently working on a 1970 Mach 1 project. See it here: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...ode-build.html

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome