Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Z's 1965-66 low profile street-competition engine crossmember

7K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  cturboaddict 
#1 ·
Z's 1965-66 low profile street-competition engine crossmember

Low profile crossmember. Will provide an additional one inch of ground clearance vs. our original crossmember, nice for cars that have been lowered. Made of the same high quality materials. 100% USA steel and USA manufactured.

$199.99 base model
$229.99. With integral jackpad

comparison to my previous std. crossmember:

This design was pioneered by Ford in 1969 for the Boss 302 program as a low cost fix for flexing at the LCA. It improves on the '65 & '66 stock engine crossmember by tying into the lower control arm mounting points, resulting in improved rigidity for the unibody lower front frame section. Helps to stiffen the car right at the control arms where it's needed most. Perfect for cars that already have an export brace and Monte Carlo Bar. Every '65-'66 Mustang will benefit from this racing front crossmember. Guaranteed to improve steering stability at all speeds.

Substantially superior to similar looking cross members currently sold today.

Features:
1) No interference issues with oil pan.
2) Will clear oil pan if using Ron Morris lowering engine mounts. Other cross members will not clear
3) Made from 1.5" steel tubing, same diameter as the stock Ford crossmember, only thicker. Other are relying on smaller 1.375" tubing, or even worse, 1.25" tubing.
4) Steel tubing thickness: 0.125", stronger than the stock and other aftermarket cross members. Others are using thinner tubing and/or smaller diameter tubing.
5) USA made with USA steel
6) Complete with grade 8 bolts & hardened washers (USA made).
7) priced under the similar competition.
8. 100% money back if not satisfied (not including return shipping)

sold over 400 to Mustang forum members, excellent reviews. 100% satisfaction.

reviews, newest to oldest:

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/1115794-zray-s-crossmember.html

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/1037058-zray-cross-member-review.html

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/v...33-competition-engine-crossmember-review.html

email zray289@gmail.com

Priced less than other Boss 302 type crossmembers sold, as well as beefier and better fitting. Unlike most, my crossmembers will fit engines that have been lowered 1/2" with the Ron Morris engine mounts). Will fit most aftermarket oil pans too, such as the vintage Cobra lettered T pan, Avaid road racing pans, Moroso pans, and most Canton oil pan applications.

larger diameter tubing than many other aftermarket crossmembers, optional model has a round 3.5" diameter jackpad made of 0.25" thick steel tread plate that will fit your floor jack perfectly,

These same crossmembers are also available thru Opentracker or eBay for your convenience
$24.00 Flat rate shipping to the continental USA

email zray289@gmail.com to order, or for any questions.

Z

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
a heads up

just a heads up, the last powder-coat shop in my vicinity is closing down.

The last crossmembers I have with powder-coating are:

Three 65/66 crossmembers without jack pads, and one 65/66 crossmember with the jackpad.

After those are gone, the crossmembers will ship "bare steel", buyers can then paint or powder coat as desired. The bare steel crossmembers will be priced $10 less.

Z

#6 ·
Looks good!

:eek:)

Tony K.

#10 · (Edited)
I know it will clear the original Cobra lettered T pan w/ the Ron Morris 1/2" lowering engine mounts. AFAIK, the reproduction pans have the same dimensions.

Z

PS. If you you have clearance issues, which I doubt, I can make you a custom bent crossmember at no extra charge besides shipping .

#11 ·
Installation process?

#18 ·
Hey @Turnall (Allen), I'm running Z's bar with the Canton 9 quart oil pan on my 289 and it clears using '66 motor mounts. Will be converting to a 302 Mexican block with the RM motor mounts next month and plan on using the same Canton pan.

#21 ·
So, I just got my zray crossmember in today around 1pm. Already had my old crossmember out and car on Jack stands. Was able to install this awesome piece in less than 30 min. Let me tell you, if you're on the fence about this..... Buy it!

Fit perfect, nice bold printed instructions, and all the hardware. On top of that zray kept me in the loop while he made mine during the process.

I gained extra clearance, tied the lower control arms together, added a jack plate, and beefier arm.

I've had other sales that didn't turn out well before. This was flawless!
Can't reccomend this crossmember enough.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.