65 coupe ex 6 cyl all new v8 302 front to rear - Vintage Mustang Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By jgstang
  • 1 Post By awhtx

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

65 coupe ex 6 cyl all new v8 302 front to rear

1965 ford mustang coupe original 6 cyl car changed to V8 302 auto that i have owned for atleast 8 years.....the following is etheir new or rebuilt! complete rebuilt 302 4bbl motor with all the plug wires/plugs/dist/etc done with a little rv cam and less than 200 miles, complete rebuilt c-4 auto trans, sterring inner and outters,upper and lower control arms,idler arm,sway bar bushings,struts bushings,shocks front/rear,granada disc brake change over with brake hose's,front disc pads,rear end axle bearings,rear end third member ? dont remember but most likely,rear drums,rear brake shoes,rear brake wheel cylinders,U-joints,fuel tank,fuel tank sender,alt,feul pump,water pump,radiator,all hoses,belt,complete dual exhaust system,trans mount,both motor mounts,carpet,custom front seats,custom auto shifter,h-liner. the engain bay and undercarrage was completely cleaned and painted, i'm sure other stuff was done that i am probably forgetting.....dont remember if i have the title or not but i will get it if i can't find it, i drove this car home from 15 miles away and it was tight,beefy sounding and ran very strong!! that was a few years ago and its been sitting in storage ever since with a few start ups and that is it, i was going to finish the minor body work and paint it but that never happend! the older gentelmen i got it from worked at a big tire company/ front end shop in grassvalley ca and they did all the work.it has differant wheels/tires now that will need replaced. its not real pretty but its pretty darn straight with no rust... asking 7500. i'm working on the pictures and will post soon. [email protected]

Last edited by jgstang; 07-04-2017 at 05:35 PM. Reason: add stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 12:19 PM

Still available?
Picture 16/31 almost looks like a rust hole in the frame rail?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 11:13 AM

Garage
I have thought about doing this, but how manything you need to eschange apart of the engine?
Thanks

Mustang GT350 Tribute, Mustang Conv 66, Mustang GT500 Eleanor Tribute
Porsche 911 SC 78, Porsche 911 2.7 RS Tribute, Porsche 930 Turbolook Conv, Porsche 912 66
Corvette c3 79, Corvette c3 78 Anniversary Edition
VW Bus 82, VW Karmann Guia 74
Audi S6 Plus 96
BMW 2002Tii 73
BMW M2 Competition 530HP
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawa View Post
I have thought about doing this, but how manything you need to eschange apart of the engine?
I believe 22GT recently posted a list of everything that needs to be changed to convert a 6 cylinder Mustang to a V8 and the list was very long. It would be easier and cheaper to buy a completely rusted out donor car that it would be to try to locate all of the required parts individually.
mawa likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 03:33 PM

Garage
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhtx View Post
I believe 22GT recently posted a list of everything that needs to be changed to convert a 6 cylinder Mustang to a V8 and the list was very long. It would be easier and cheaper to buy a completely rusted out donor car that it would be to try to locate all of the required parts individually.
That is what I thought, then maybe I just put a wider exhaust and a turbo.

Mustang GT350 Tribute, Mustang Conv 66, Mustang GT500 Eleanor Tribute
Porsche 911 SC 78, Porsche 911 2.7 RS Tribute, Porsche 930 Turbolook Conv, Porsche 912 66
Corvette c3 79, Corvette c3 78 Anniversary Edition
VW Bus 82, VW Karmann Guia 74
Audi S6 Plus 96
BMW 2002Tii 73
BMW M2 Competition 530HP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page