1966 mustang gt "A" code convertible - Vintage Mustang Forums
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 89
1966 mustang gt "A" code convertible

Original California car, special order sapphire blue paint ( not available in mustang other than Shelby) factory 4 speed with factory A/C. The engine has been rebuilt also brand new complete suspension and brakes. I also have a brand new interior that has been done, a lot of work has been done, if interested I will go over what the car still needs, just so we are on the same page. I am not desperate to sell and will not take a huge hit selling this car. I would rather keep it and finish when time allows.
Gtmustang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 04:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,051
For Sale ads need an asking price!

Verbose Vocabularian
1ofAMillion+ is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:15 PM
Senior Member
 
myfirstcar66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Auburn University, Alabama
Posts: 850
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofamillion+ View Post
for sale ads need an asking price!
and a bunch of pictures ! ! !

'66 Tahoe Turquoise/ Aqua coupe
•289 / 4100 •C4 Auto •Disc Brakes
•Dual Exhaust •16:1 Manual Steering
•Rally Pac •Console •Deluxe Belts
•LOTS of Rotunda accessories
•Original Styled Steel Wheels
...my first car

'66 Emberglo / Parchment coupe
•289 / 2100 •C4 Auto •Disc Brakes
•Dual Exhaust •16:1 Power Steering
•Dealer Air Conditioning •Console
...son's first car


myfirstcar66 is offline  
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstcar66 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofamillion+ View Post
for sale ads need an asking price!
and a bunch of pictures ! ! !
I have seen a lot of ads on here without pictures
Gtmustang is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofAMillion+ View Post
For Sale ads need an asking price!
Starting price at 25K. And please not looking for people telling me it's too high or too low if a person is interested in speaking it has to at least be at this starting price and they of course can leave a message and a contact number so I can talk with them
Gtmustang is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtmustang View Post
Original California car, special order sapphire blue paint ( not available in mustang other than Shelby) factory 4 speed with factory A/C. The engine has been rebuilt also brand new complete suspension and brakes. I also have a brand new interior that has been done, a lot of work has been done, if interested I will go over what the car still needs, just so we are on the same page. I am not desperate to sell and will not take a huge hit selling this car. I would rather keep it and finish when time allows.
Please delete ad
Car is being sold locally
Gtmustang is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 11:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Turnall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dothan, AL
Posts: 4,336
I'm glad your selling it locally, a person would be really naive to buy a 50+ year old car for 25k without a single picture.

Not trying to call you here just stating a fact.

Allen

My build thread: Allen's Build Thread

My go fast build thread: Go Fast Build Thread
Turnall is online now  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 12:24 AM
Senior Member
 
alex1965's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 621
Garage
I agree with Allen. I feel like at least a few pictures would be a necessity for a car you're asking 25k for.

289
4 speed
Rally-Pac
Bench Seat
Power Steering
All-around discs
Aftermarket A/C

And not nearly enough time

alex1965 is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 09:18 AM
Member
 
dzhoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Occuquan VA
Posts: 56
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofAMillion+ View Post
For Sale ads need an asking price!

I thought the saying was "If you have to ask the price you can't afford it!"

1966 Coupe "The Blue Falcon"
dzhoser is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnall View Post
I'm glad your selling it locally, a person would be really naive to buy a 50+ year old car for 25k without a single picture.

Not trying to call you here just stating a fact.

Allen
Like I stated selling the car locally too much of a problem selling it here
Gtmustang is offline  
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzhoser View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofAMillion+ View Post
For Sale ads need an asking price!

I thought the saying was "If you have to ask the price you can't afford it!"
Agreed
Gtmustang is offline  
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1965 View Post
I agree with Allen. I feel like at least a few pictures would be a necessity for a car you're asking 25k for.
I could post as many pictures as needed but when it comes down to it anybody really looking to spend that kind of money I'm looking for on the car is going to have to see it up close and personal, so why waste the time rather speak to somebody on the phone about it
Gtmustang is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 07:56 PM
Senior Member
 
awhtx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Hill Country of Central Texas
Posts: 8,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtmustang View Post
Like I stated selling the car locally too much of a problem selling it here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtmustang View Post
Agreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtmustang View Post
I could post as many pictures as needed but when it comes down to it anybody really looking to spend that kind of money I'm looking for on the car is going to have to see it up close and personal, so why waste the time rather speak to somebody on the phone about it

You don't need to make 3 separate posts to quote 3 different posts. You can do it all in 1 post like I just did!
awhtx is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 10:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,051
I think its just a crappy way to bump a wishful auction ad to the top.

Verbose Vocabularian
1ofAMillion+ is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 10:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtmustang View Post
I have seen a lot of ads on here without pictures

They are sucky ads.

Verbose Vocabularian
1ofAMillion+ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome