'66 Red Convertible For Sale (Low Cost) - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

I have a '66 Red Convertible that needs a new home. It was originally a 6 cylinder car but someone along the line converted the car to a 8 cylinder and now it has what looks to be a 70something 302 backed up by a 4 speed transmission. The car also has the 5 lug wheels. The car is red with a white top. It probably will look pretty good in pictures but it does need work. The only thing presently keeping it from being a driver is the fact that it has very little brakes. They only begin grabbing at the end of the pedal. It has had a very amateurish restoration and with that in mind I would recommend any interested party come and look at the car in person or send someone to check it out. I have never driven or even cranked the car but the shop where the car is being stored has cranked and moved the car around.

Being offered here first and if no luck moving then will go to the forbidden site when the weather warms up a little. $4500 Firm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 01:07 PM

Can you send photos, I'm looking at your offer seriously, and would like to ask some more specific questions. [email protected] is my email. Thank you.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 04:53 PM

Please send pics to [email protected]

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

I have now had the chance to look the car over a little better and can say that the underside is very nice on this car. The floor pans, rockers, torque boxes, and shock towers are showing no rust. The doors need to be re-bushed, brakes adjusted or replaced, and general cleaning and tidying up done. Thanks,
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 12:46 PM

PLease send pics to [email protected]
thanks

Kent Sanders
65 Fastback - I6 200ci T-5 Driver. Or so it used to be.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 03:21 PM

Please send pictures to [email protected]

Thanks,

Michael
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks to all who contacted me concerning this car. The first person that looked at it has committed to the purchase. A deposit is forth coming. I will let everyone know if the car does not sell. Thanks again,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page