SOLD! 1965 Coupe A/C, P/S, Disc Brakes - $8,900 - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to MustangDave
I hate to do it, but the birth of my second child necessitates the sell of my 1965 Mustang Coupe as I now need a 4-door car. On a positive note, I’m now in the market for a project Mustang. This car has been a very reliable daily driver for the 7 years I have owned it. Everything is rebuilt and is very original. It has some very desirable features like the 289 engine, C-4 auto tranny, disc brakes, A/C, P/S, electronic ignition, oversized aluminum radiator, and has recently had a major tune up. This car also isn't rusty and is very structurally sound. It appraised at $11,500 and I have documentation (will give this too you as you’ll need it for insurance purposes). This is an appraisal of my actual car, not a value I looked up in an NADA book. It is garage kept and driven 4-5,000 miles annually. I’ve priced this slightly below market value in hopes of selling it sooner rather than later (AND to a fellow VMFer that might allow visitations).

I have many photos available on request.

Price is $8,900 and I am pretty firm on that. For more info, call me at 214.215.8873, PM me, or e-mail me at [email protected].

Here is the run down:

-Very original! The engine ID tag is still there on the intake along with the A/C tag and warranty plate on the driver's side door.
-289 2bbl (rebuilt) engine ...runs strong; compression test shows engine up to spec.
-Complete engine tune up recently (March and August 2006) in which I replaced plugs, wires, coil, belts/hoses, 160 degree thermostat, distributor cap, adjusted timing, replaced fuel filter, adjusted the carb, and installed new valve cover gaskets.
-C-4 Auto transmission, shifts great. Was rebuilt 8+ years ago, but has very small leak (about the size of a nickel in a 24 hr period). New seals were installed 11/04.
-Autolite 2100 2 bbl carb rebuilt last month (August 2006)
-New front seats (2001)
-Good tires 205/70/15 (11/2003)...not many miles on them though, about 70% of tread remaining.
-Ford factory A/C (dealer option)...compressor works, just needs to be recharged.
-Power steering
-Disc brakes (replaced brakes 6/2004)
-Dual trumpet exhaust, but not a GT model
-Mallory electronic ignition (5/2004)
-Aluminum radiator (equivalent to a 5 row copper one)
-Aluminum overflow tank
-Daily driver in Texas (Denton) summer traffic, doesn't overheat
-Water pump replaced 6/2004
-Hubcaps are off a '66, but do have original '65 wheel covers
-Frame rails, floor plans, and battery pan are in great shape, no rust.
-Car was originally sold in Oklahoma City, but has been in Texas for over 17 years (perhaps all its life)…hence why the metal is in such great shape.
-Monte Carlo (chrome) front sway bar
-Export brace (chrome)
-Upgraded to 1 inch front sway bar under car
-From prior accident (10+ years ago) bondo cracking on driver's rear quarter, but no rust.
-No rust in quarters or doors
-Suspension work done March 2004
-Rear seatbelts re-webbed by Dallas Mustang
-CD player in dash (cut by prior owner, not me!)
-Has a front main seal leak, but doesn't leak much
-Paint is older, but shines great when maintained with wax
-Driver's 1/4 panel over tire slightly pushed in

Attached Images
File Type: jpg stang01.jpg (74.2 KB, 24 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to MustangDave
Guys-

I have a standing offer, which isn't too bad, from a local classic car dealer. I might take him up on his offer, but wanted to let ya'll know that I'm listening to ALL OFFERS right now.

Dave

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 12:44 AM

Looks like a very nice car. Hope you are able to sell it soon, or have sold it by now. Good luck.

Regards,

Roadhog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page