66 I6 Coupe - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

66 I6 Coupe

Selling my 66 Coupe - I6 - automatic trans -Tahoe turquoise with black standard interior. I have added deluxe door cards and handles. Car was restored about 9 years ago. 200 engine was rebuilt at that time and now has less than 10K miles driven since restoration. I do not think the cowl was totally refurbished when it was restored. I do not drive it in the rain - has a cowl cover - but I do believe it would leak without it.

I am second owner since the restoration. I have replaced the carb, new leaf springs, rear shocks, Pioneer stereo mounted under dash, original AM radio in dash, led light bulbs in gauges, led sequential tail lights, three point seat belts installed in front to name a few things I have done. Car has had annual maintenance - runs and drives great. Paint still looks great with no rust spots or more than minor imperfections.

Manual drum brakes - work excellent. Manual steering - and most front end suspension parts were replaced when car was restored. If you are looking for an I6 coupe - that is ready to drive - this would be a great candidate.
-
Car is located in NW Ohio near Toledo. I apparently can't post pictures - so send me an email and I will send some. Asking $7,500.00 - have much more in it - but so it goes....

Link to a few pictures: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/me...ang-coupe.html

[email protected]

Last edited by grbentley; 11-17-2013 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Add price
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2013, 09:53 AM

beautiful ...

67' Coupe 6cyl. auto trans.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Thanks! I do get many compliments around town. I really hate to sell it - but I have one too many cars now and SWMBO prefers that I sell one. It is a great car and will make someone happy. I am waiting until spring to put it on Craigslist.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 11:09 AM

Garage
Nice looking Mustang---you should have no problem selling at that price...we'll worth it...

www.usedmustangparts.net <My Business Website.
'70-Built 351W, 4 speed. Narrowed 9'' w/4.11 gears.
Pro-Stars-15X7'' & 15X10''. Lowered 1'' all around.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Car Sold

Update: My Mustang has been purchased by a VMF member and is on its way to the UK. Thanks for all the information I have obtained from this outstanding forum. I look forward to buying another Mustang in 2 - 3 years. I think the next one will be a convertible.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 10:35 AM

I would just like to say thank you to Gary, this purchase has gone very smoothly and he has handled himself like a true gentleman.
Mick

Dodge Dart GTS, 440ci, RPM heads, .590 cam, NA
1.41 60FT, 6.43 at 106 mph, 10.16 at 131.62 mph
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 10:51 AM

Excellent to hear a ghost news story on a Mustang sale. Hear far to many horror stories. I for one would like to hear what it takes to work the sale and shipping overseas.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 01:42 PM

The sale is straight forward, basically agree a price then a bank transfer. My shipper then has someone pick it up and deliver in this case to new jersey, where it ships to liverpool england, i then collect it and bring back to nottm.
It can still go wrong as it's not here yet but that has nothing to do with Gary.
The last car i shipped from new jersey, was hit by hurricane sandy.
Mick

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaks View Post
The sale is straight forward, basically agree a price then a bank transfer. My shipper then has someone pick it up and deliver in this case to new jersey, where it ships to liverpool england, i then collect it and bring back to nottm.
It can still go wrong as it's not here yet but that has nothing to do with Gary.
The last car i shipped from new jersey, was hit by hurricane sandy.
Mick
How are customs, taxes, title, etc handled?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 07:02 AM

The owner writes a bill of sale to the new owner and sends it to the shipping agent along with the title, he then liases with the british shipping agent, it all gets sent to british customs who assess what duties should be paid. However, if a car is over 30 yrs old, you can apply for a lower duty rate which is a flat rate 5% value added tax.
If the car is newer, you pay 10% import duty on the car and the shipping, then you pay 20% on the car, duty and the import tax, so it compounds.
Mick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page