1968 Mustang Deluxe Interior Woodgrain Steering Wheel Shelby North Bay Area, CA, USA - Vintage Mustang Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Flade

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
1968 Mustang Deluxe Interior Woodgrain Steering Wheel Shelby North Bay Area, CA, USA

***SOLD***Ford OEM Steering Wheel removed from a 1968 Ford Mustang. The car this wheel was removed from had a standard interior, but I do believe that this is what was considered a “Deluxe Interior” steering wheel. See the photos and judge for yourself. This is a faux woodgrain steering wheel, with a black center pad, and chrome horn ring. It is in great shape with minimal cracking detailed in the photos. I have seen these sell in similar shape for upwards of $300. I am listing this at a $200 BIN on eBay, to hopefully move it fast, but will end the auction early if a VMF’er wants it. Feel free to ask any questions. DM me a phone number for (text) more/better photos.

Thanks,

Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flade View Post
A 68 deluxe interior wheel, is two toned. The back half of the wheel is the same color as the interior. The front half is wood grained. A silver insert separates the colors. The pad is interior colored. On a deluxe interior wheel the pad insert is wood grained. It is really hard to see the woodgrain or condition on this wheel as the pics are too small and grainy. As noted previously it appears too dark. Possibly a previous owner painted the woodgrain to make it look fancier.

Assuming it is a real deluxe wheel I would assume a previous owner used it to replace a damaged original standard wheel.
Thank you. VMF seems to limit the image sizes to be point that whatever I upload is hard to see. It turns out this wheel was a deluxe wheel from a green interior car that was dyed black, and had the center pad trim replaced. The silver parting line that you described was also present. Anyway, thank you for the education, and sorry for the poor picture quality.

-Casey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8C8C67EB-3E2B-49C6-A124-AF03EC7A8B55.jpg (19.5 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 45213BBF-211B-4F35-A3A1-8EB0E3F2C1F6.jpg (19.6 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg B89C026A-A288-444A-8146-C72DB4085E64.jpg (19.8 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg C08DDC3E-1D51-4694-95A3-A5297BAC42BB.jpg (19.9 KB, 42 views)

“Anything worth doing, is worth doing right...”

-H.S.T.

Last edited by cjhudson87; 12-19-2017 at 02:14 PM. Reason: SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 01:38 PM

I'll take it. Please respond with info for payment.
Forest
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestg View Post
I'll take it. Please respond with info for payment.
Forest
DM Sent!

-H.S.T.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 03:55 PM

I thought if it had the wood grain there was a piece in the center that was also wood grain? Also the wheel looks little dark compared to other wheels I have seen. Maybe its just the pics.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastang68 View Post
I thought if it had the wood grain there was a piece in the center that was also wood grain? Also the wheel looks little dark compared to other wheels I have seen. Maybe its just the pics.
I’m not sure. It could have been an “optioned” wheel (nothing on the Marti) as this car also has a console, but every other black interiored ‘68 I’ve seen has had a black steering wheel too. Either way, that’s why I used the language I did and posted a bunch of photos. Curious. Anyway...

-H.S.T.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 12:33 AM

A 68 deluxe interior wheel, is two toned. The back half of the wheel is the same color as the interior. The front half is wood grained. A silver insert separates the colors. The pad is interior colored. On a deluxe interior wheel the pad insert is wood grained. It is really hard to see the woodgrain or condition on this wheel as the pics are too small and grainy. As noted previously it appears too dark. Possibly a previous owner painted the woodgrain to make it look fancier.

If it is a real deluxe wheel I would assume a previous owner used it to replace a damaged original standard wheel.
cjhudson87 likes this.

Flade
68 289 convertible Candy-apple red & white
66 200 coupe Blue
94 GT convertible Red & black
98 GT convertible White & black
98 V6 convertible White & tan

Last edited by Flade; 01-06-2018 at 12:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page