67-68 L and R AC Vents NEW in Box - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

67-68 L and R AC Vents NEW in Box

Here is a pair (left and right) of AC vents that will fit (according to Desert Classic Parts) 67-68 Mustangs. They are new in box. The Best Price I could find for them was $365 at Desert Classic Parts. I am asking $275 with free shipping to lower 48 States. I prefer Pay Pal and I will NOT ask for the friends and family deal. I'll eat the transaction cost.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (45.0 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (50.8 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 03.jpg (37.4 KB, 58 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Price reduced to $225.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 09:40 PM

PM sent

67 Shelby Clone
410 stroker, RHS heads, FPA headers, Lentech full manual AOD
Global West upper / lower control arms, rear leafs and del-a-lum bushings
Street or Track strut rods, Viking coilovers
Wilwood front disc brakes
-----------------------------------------------------
2008 Shelby Convertible 625 HP
VMP SC 2.5 pulley and tune. Steeda cold air intake
True Forged Sleeper 20x11 and 20x10 wheels
MGW shifter, Tokico D spec shocks and struts
MTF 1 piece headliner, 2008 Shelby seats

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Changing posting to 1968 only

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMike50 View Post
Price reduced to $225.
I originally listed these as fitting 67-68 mustangs. I was just told that the left vent will not fit a 67, so I looked more carefully at the Desert Classic Parts website and found that the right vent is the C78ACV-RAM and will fit 67 and 68 Mustangs, and that the C88A-CV-LA is the left vent and only fits 68s. They looked the same to me, so I guess you learn something new every day. I would have hated to sell the wrong parts. If anyone is watching this part for their 1967, I apologize for the inconvenience. Since I am selling them as a pair, I am changing the listing to 1968 only. If they do not sell, I may break them up. I would change the title of the original post, but I canít figure out how to do that.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 09:56 PM

Well, if you still have them in a couple weeks, I might get back to you on them.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggflyguy View Post
Well, if you still have them in a couple weeks, I might get back to you on them.
That will be cool. At over $100 less than from a vendor like CJ Pony or Desert Classic Parts, I'm surprised they haven't already sold. I will be glad to work with you when the time comes.
Cheers,
Mike
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 01:23 AM

Ok, let’s set the record straight. These are reproductions that are not technically concours correct for either 67 or 68.

In 67, Ford used 1 piece vents. The right vent for sale is a very nice reproduction of that vent. In 68 Ford switched to 2 piece breakaway vents for improved crash safety. They also changed the style of the left hand control labels.

Since virtually all 68 vents fail due to inadequate support material in the break away areas, when West Coast Classic Cougar commissioned these parts to be designed they had the 68 versions made as 1 pierce units like the 67.

The 67 units they sell are excellent reproductions of the original. These 68 pieces are also excellent quality but sacrifice some originality to get much improved strength. They are an excellent choice for a non-concours car.

Other than the cosmetic differences, these will work fine in either a 67 or 68.

Note WCC is the cheapest to buy them as they are the owner of the product. Everyone else have to pay a premium to them. They list for about $310 on the WCC web site.

PM sent

Flade
68 289 convertible Candy-apple red & white
66 200 coupe Blue
94 GT convertible Red & black
98 GT convertible White & black
98 V6 convertible White & tan

Last edited by Flade; 06-28-2018 at 01:26 AM.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs Up SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangmike50 View Post
here is a pair (left and right) of ac vents that will fit (according to desert classic parts) 67-68 mustangs. They are new in box. The best price i could find for them was $365 at desert classic parts. I am asking $275 with free shipping to lower 48 states. I prefer pay pal and i will not ask for the friends and family deal. I'll eat the transaction cost.
sold
thanks
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 09:35 PM

Ah, thatís why my vent is missing! Learn something new every day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flade View Post
Ok, letís set the record straight. These are reproductions that are not technically concours correct for either 67 or 68.

In 67, Ford used 1 piece vents. The right vent for sale is a very nice reproduction of that vent. In 68 Ford switched to 2 piece breakaway vents for improved crash safety. They also changed the style of the left hand control labels.

Since virtually all 68 vents fail due to inadequate support material in the break away areas, when West Coast Classic Cougar commissioned these parts to be designed they had the 68 versions made as 1 pierce units like the 67.

The 67 units they sell are excellent reproductions of the original. These 68 pieces are also excellent quality but sacrifice some originality to get much improved strength. They are an excellent choice for a non-concours car.

Other than the cosmetic differences, these will work fine in either a 67 or 68.

Note WCC is the cheapest to buy them as they are the owner of the product. Everyone else have to pay a premium to them. They list for about $310 on the WCC web site.

PM sent

'68 Mustang Hardtop, 302, C4
AKA "Dr. Wolf"

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Ghost View Post
Ah, thatís why my vent is missing! Learn something new every day!
Most definitely! Do you need a new vent? I may have one. The chrome wont be perfect, but its better than a whole. If the frame of your part I cracked, you can use epoxy on the back side to hold it together.

Flade
66 200 coupe Blue

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 10:53 PM

Yep, mine is still missing! I took a quick look, the spring is still there, but Iíll have to double check if the housing is cracked.

It wouldnít need to be perfect, my interior (and entire car) is not! I can send you a PM. Thanks!

AKA "Dr. Wolf"

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 02:33 PM

Man, I'm glad I found this information. My drivers side vent "frame" broke right at the bottom bracket when re-installing the vent with minimal effort. Looks like the PO did a repair that was inadequate. Interesting to know they were 2 piece for crash safety. I'm thinking in order to salvage the assembly, I'll simply mount the vent and run some epoxy in the joint. Looks are not as important on this so it should help salvage everything.

Anywho, thanks again Flade
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabridin View Post
Man, I'm glad I found this information. My drivers side vent "frame" broke right at the bottom bracket when re-installing the vent with minimal effort. Looks like the PO did a repair that was inadequate. Interesting to know they were 2 piece for crash safety. I'm thinking in order to salvage the assembly, I'll simply mount the vent and run some epoxy in the joint. Looks are not as important on this so it should help salvage everything.

Anywho, thanks again Flade
If you remove the whole assembly then place the vent into the frame and lightly clamp the frame together, you can run epoxy or silicon or another strong adhesive in a bead along the back where the vent and frame meet, you can repair it and itís nearly invisible from the front. You probably need to remove the spring clamp that holds the vent to the frame first.

Flade
66 200 coupe Blue

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flade View Post
If you remove the whole assembly then place the vent into the frame and lightly clamp the frame together, you can run epoxy or silicon or another strong adhesive in a bead along the back where the vent and frame meet, you can repair it and itís nearly invisible from the front. You probably need to remove the spring clamp that holds the vent to the frame first.
This is EXACTLY what I was planning on doing!! Great to know I'm on the right path! Thanks again!
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 09:10 PM

Got my replacement from Flade . Now gotta work on the install. Have we highjacked this thread yet?!?

AKA "Dr. Wolf"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page