Z's 1967-'70 low profile street competition engine crossmember - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Z's 1967-'70 low profile street competition engine crossmember

Z's 1967-'70 low profile street competition engine crossmember

Low profile crossmember. Will provide an additional one inch of ground clearance vs. our original model. Developed by Ford as a low cost fix for typical flexing at the LCA with the standard crossmember, nice for cars that have been lowered. Still made of the same high quality materials as before . 100% USA steel and USA manufactured.

$239.95 standard model

$259.95 jack pad model

comparison to my previous std. crossmember:

This design was pioneered by Ford in 1969 for the Boss 302 program as a low cost fix for flexing at the LCA. It improves on the '67-'70 stock engine crossmember by tying into the lower control arm mounting points, resulting in improved rigidity for the unibody lower front frame section. Helps to stiffen the car right at the control arms where it's needed most. Perfect for cars that already have an export brace and Monte Carlo Bar. Every street and competition high performance '67-'70 Mustang will benefit from this racing front crossmember. Guaranteed to improve steering stability at all speeds.

Features:
1) No interference issues with oil pan.
2) Will clear oil pan if using RM lowering engine mounts. Other cross members will not clear
3) Made from 1.5" steel tubing, same diameter as the stock Ford crossmember, only thicker. Other are relying on smaller 1.375" tubing, or even worse, 1.25" tubing.
4) Steel tubing thickness: 0.125", stronger than the stock and other aftermarket cross members. Others are using thinner tubing and/or smaller diameter tubing.
5) USA made with USA steel
6) Complete with grade 8 bolts & hardened washers
7) 100% money back if not satisfied (not including return shipping)

sold over 400 to Mustang forum members, excellent reviews. 100% satisfaction.

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...er-review.html

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...er-review.html

email: [email protected]

Priced less than other Boss 302 type crossmembers sold, as well as beefier and better fitting. Unlike those, my crossmembers will fit engines that have been lowered 1/2" with the Ron Morris engine mounts). Will fit most aftermarket oil pans too, such as the vintage Cobra lettered T pan, Avaid road racing pans, Moroso pans, and most Canton oil pan applications.

optional model has a round 3.5" diameter jackpad made of 0.25" thick steel tread plate that will fit your floor jack perfectly,

NOTE:. Now shipping with a set of Opentracker camber plates at no extra cost.

These same crossmembers are also available thru Opentracker or eBay for your convenience.

$25.00 Flat rate shipping to the continental USA

email [email protected] to order, or for any questions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

a heads up

just a heads up, the last powder-coat shop in my vicinity is closing down.

The last crossmembers I have with powder-coating are:

Three 1967-'70 crossmembers without jack pads, and four 1967-'70 crossmembers with the jack pad.

After those are gone, the crossmembers will ship "bare steel", buyers can then paint or powder coat as desired. The bare steel crossmembers will be priced $10 less.

Z

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Only one powder-coated crossmember left, a '67-'70 model without jackpad.

New orders will be shipped "bare steel". New pricing as follows (reflects $10 off the previous price of the powder-coated crossmembers) :

$229.95 base model
$249.95. With integral jackpad

Z

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zray View Post
Only one powder-coated crossmember left, a '67-'70 model without jackpad.

New orders will be shipped "bare steel". New pricing as follows (reflects $10 off the previous price of the powder-coated crossmembers) :

$229.95 base model
$249.95. With integral jackpad

Z

Hey Z,

I sent you a PM the other day, but I'm looking for a jackpad crossmember for my 68 coupe. Can you please PM me back when you get a chance? Thanks.

1968 Mustang Coupe 408W
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page