Vintage Mustang Forums banner

68 Shelby GT500 (SOLD)

15K views 49 replies 18 participants last post by  Israel 
#1 · (Edited)
Selling mothers car. Real Shelby with 66K orig mile and 427 side oiler, auto, New upholstery , seat foam, carpet, windshield, gas tank , complete brake system including stainless lines front to rear. Runs and drives great, sounds mean with 3 inch exh. Marti, history on car, history on dealership, names of all 6 owners. 465 horse ground thumper. Feb block 69 March 69 heads.

$100K

Troy

#10 ·
The car was already lined up two months ago before she passed. Today was the day to drop it off. Timing sucked but that's life. We tried selling for over a year. Best offer was $100K so I figured it was a good place to start the auction.

Troy

#11 ·
Car has a great engine, but will take a price hit on the non-matching drivetrain...

Your mother drove a 427 Side oiler?

Am I the only one asking this question?!??.....lol.....

PS: Sorry for your loss..

:eek:)

Tony K.

#14 · (Edited)
Yes she drove it to shows. Up to 74. Passed at 77. Has been in my shop. 465 horse . Same motor as what is in the AC Cobra.

Thanks everyone for comments , it has been a depressive 15 days . Hard to function. One of my closest friends said he checked out on living and being happy for a year after his father passed. I now understand his comment. Until you experience it I did not know how it really feels.

Troy

#15 ·
Sorry for your loss. Although not easily done, I am sure your mother would not want you to be depressed.

Good luck with the sale. I hope the auction has the right person so you'll get what you want. It's up to $56K now.

#20 ·
Good luck with the sale, and truly sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. She must have been quite a woman, driving around a side oiler 427 Shelby! ( I mean that with all respect and admiration:) ) I know it's tough to lose someone close, keep going and making her proud!

#27 ·
Never was a $109 bidder. I came down from $120K to $109, now Best offer over $100K , If no one wants it , I will just enjoy it with the le mans 427so and drive a legend. Like the movie ! Liked the movie so much I went twice. LOL

Troy(y)

#28 ·
Coming from a few Shelby's myself, it's a shame how the guys look down on these cars when they don't have the original equipment. Obviously that's what is really hurting the value here...I had a fully restored concourse 68 gt350, when I say restored it was RESTORED to 100% accuracy. I had all documentation from where it was bought and the warranty replacement proof for the motor in 1970.. I had her listed for 85k for months and finally had to let her slide for 68k ....Not having the original motor killed the deal for everyone. Learned a valuable lesson....Never overpay for a shelby without the original drivetrain. I hope you can find a buyer she is truly a beauty...GLWS

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.