69 Mach I, 351w M Code ( repost w/more info ) - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-02-2003, 04:44 PM

I have redone the video, it is much more detailed and should be watched. www.intovec.com/mustang Again, this is a 69 MachI, M Code, 351w (63c y5 3a 12f 17 9 1) The color is currently a dark blue with silver hood, it should be Indian Fire Metallic with a 3 speed. Most everything I have done to the car has been mechanical. The engine is a new long block(correct year) serials aren't so important on the 351w. It has 17000 on the engine, it uses about 1 quart of oil every 2k miles or so. It doesn't leak or smoke. Engine is very clean.

It has an Edelbrock aluminum intake and Holley carb, MSD drop in electronic distributor, MSD coil, MSD wires,new radiator and cap, new battery and starter, the stearing box is new and very snug(car does not creep while driving) I believe the headers are made by Hooker( not sure though) I have never had to tighten them since the engine was redone. The front end tie rods and ball joints have all been replaced. The upper A bushings still need replacing though only because they squeek a little, it does not affect the alignment.

All driving lights work properly. Front and rear brakes have had a complete work over. The cylinders have been rebuilt and all the springs/levers are replaced. The front has two new drums and the pads are good. The car does not pull or shimmy when coming to a stop. The drive shaft is new. The transmission is C4 auto and it has a shift kit. It shifts pretty hard and I think it just needs adjusting to fix that. I have been driving it without any transmission problems for over 3 years.

The dash has been completely pulled down and the firewall was cleaned and repainted. It also has a new firewall pad. I also removed the wiring harness and fixed it completely. All the lights in the dash work. All the gauges work fine except the alternator. Speedometer works and so does the clock. The dash pad is in good shape but there are splits on either side of the speaker grill.

When it rains, the windshield slightly leaks right above the driver and the rear glass leaks a small amount in the bottom corners. All the seats are in very good shape, the driver seat has a small pencil hole that is barely noticable. The headliner has no tears and looks great. The console is in pretty good shape but it does need some help to make it right. Carpet is good and the back dash and speaker grills are in great shape. In the trunk, on either side above where the leaf springs attach, there are small holes from rust. They have not gotten any bigger since I have had the car. It is very minor in appearance and can be fixed pretty easy.

The right rear Q panel was replaced at some point as there isn't any undercoating sprayed on it. The work is excellent and is completely unnoticed from the outside. The did a great job. The front left fender was also replaced at some point and looks very good too. On the left rear, lower Q panel by the wheel, it looks like some body work was done because I can feel some body filler there. It is unnoticed unless you really look for it.

All the rocker panels are in great shape. The floor was replaced on the drivers side but the passenger side does not need replacing. This car really has little rust at all. The shock towers and torque boxes are wonderful and are still the originals!!

Someone helping me with the car once said it looked like it came from the west coast, it is in very nice shape underneath. Overall, this car is in great shape for the price. I am still asking 9750.00 with the Cragar rims and tires. I will sell it with the 14" steel rims/tires and GT caps for 8750.00

Please watch the video if you can, I know it is a big file but it is worth seeing. If you right click on the link, you can save it to your drive. I will still get some pics together for those who want them.

Let me know if you have any questions [email protected]
home# 770-222-9591
cell# 678-773-4978

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page