Vintage Mustang Forums - View Single Post - Your experiences with the DMV (YOM registration)
View Single Post
post #61 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 08:23 PM
69 Rustang
Senior Member
69 Rustang's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,159
You do have to give up your white plates, but you keep your black/yellow plates but you cannot install them. In the meantime they give you the "red/pink paper window tag" to live with and look at for a few months or more... That becomes your temporary license. Unfortunately, they only allowed 2 months on mine, which of course was not enough. If the car actually ran, I would have had to make another annoying trip to the DMV to extend the red/pink paper tag for a few more months. So, lesson learned. Ask for a 4 month period on the red/pink paper tag up front--maybe they'll give it to you.


1996 Mustang Cobra Convertible (Procharged/423 RWHP)
1969 Fastback, 351C, TKO 600, T-lock, Shaker, slats, fold down, yadda yadda, etc.
1972 Mach 1, 351C, FMX
1931 Model A Station Wagon 150B

Here are my cars:
69 Rustang is offline  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome