Vintage Mustang Forums banner

hello everyone I have a question I am a marine corps veteran lookin for help

3K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  69emma 
#1 ·
Hello My name is mike and I am a combat marine corps veteran i was injured on 2 deployments to afgainistan I got out in 2011 and am searching for help I have a project I am working on its a 1967 mustang but I am on disability and cannot afford parts and have hope there is someone out there willing to help me coplete a dreamI have reached out to various organizations who refused to help me due to their own agenda if there is anything i can do to help you with your desicion please let me know can email me at anytime thank you for looking

#2 ·
Thank you for your service and sacrifice for our country.

Let's get some draw some attention to project and get some folks excited about your car. The more information the better. Where you live so maybe other Mustangs enthusiast in your area can help out. Pictures of your car, list of parts and let's get a discussion going of where you want your car to go, original concourse, restomod, daily driver, etc. History on your Mustang would be cool as well.

Welcome to the forum!

#5 ·
I live in pennsylvania I thank all of you for your help all I have left to do is a disc brake conversion my father is buying me an engine on the 1st its a 351w and then I need to find a transmission and a rear axle I am trying to resto mod it eventually my goal is to have about 450hp I will try and post a few pics in a day or so I don't have a computer unless I go to my fathers house i am using my phone when I first posted this I was attacked by a bunch of people who didn't like the fact I was on the site looking for help but I appreciate all your help

#20 · (Edited)
Do you not remember the flaming you got from the original thread?

Why another thread playing up your lack of money and asking for help with a hobby, food I can understand,......Hobby help, NO!

Get off the usmc sob story, you get no sympathy from me.

Semper fi,.......not semper me.

#7 ·
Mike,
I am glad your not giving up on VMF.
Please update your profile with your general location, maybe a little personal info, and year and make of your car. This way we wont have to ask all the time, and you wont have to re-post it all the time. Also, as I stated before. It is much easier to post inquiring about 1 specific part needed. That way someone can respond to you faster.
If I have a specific part that would work for you, I will help.

#14 ·
Nice I as well was in the marine corps and injured they put me on disability what is a fair amount I was able to build a 68 fb so what do you need leather neck are you 100% I am so tell me marine why you have not posted any pics

#19 ·
Reading back through the linked post, it was hard to determine everything as it seems it was re-edited quite a bit. Anyhow, as a combat injured, now retired former attack pilot with a missing arm and a shattered back I have to a lot to say but will limit it to this: If you are in fact an injured vet, we appreciate your service. It seems that maybe you have your priorities out of order, however. I suggest putting your efforts towards getting yourself into a stable life where you have a job and a means of supporting yourself, THEN start thinking about cars. Secondly, rolling up in a forum and just asking for handouts will likely not get you far. I travelled the country many years ago based solely on donations by helpful people but in return, they got an amazing story (I wrote about the trip in a blog, had several thousand subscribers at the end and hundred thousand plus views). Rethink your approach... If you have excuses why you can't get yourself into that position, I am likely not the sympathetic ear for them. After my injuries I put myself through medical school and now work 60-80 hours a week. There are some days I am in so much pain I literally cannot walk but still I carry on. Good luck!

#29 ·
#26 ·
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
I give thanks to all who serve and have served in our armed forces. I never served in the military myself, but a lot of my family has. I have a deep respect and admiration for those who serve and have served in our nations military. I will always be thankful. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who are serving on this day.

My personal belief is this. If I can help anyone who is serving or has served our country. I will if I can.
I personally find no dishonor in someone requesting my help, from anyone who has served.
Lets keep VMF, the kind of forum that is willing to help everyone.
Its fine to disagree with other members about anything. It is quite another to be judgmental or over critical of other people.
Enough said. Just my opinion.

#27 ·
Unreal...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.