Vintage Mustang Forums banner

'65 Fastback Build- Paint Stripe Poll

3K views 40 replies 29 participants last post by  patrickstapler 
#1 ·
Okay, so I have the color just about nailed down. Now it's time to figure out some stripes.

Do me a favor, check out the renderings I did below and, if you would be so kind, leave a comment with the number of the picture you like best! I know which one I like best, but I'd love to get some more opinions.

Thanks!

See less See more
#9 ·
This one is a little out there. And, I'm not sure I can actually make this one a reality, but here is one more.

We will call this one #7

#15 ·
#2 (maybe more classic but definitely the best looking for the car).

Josep

#16 ·
I'd say 2 in same color as wheels in middle stripe...like happy said maybe a little more narrow with the two outer stripes in black and maybe them a little more narrow as well. Maybe 1-2"...would have to play with that.

EDIT: Would probably also consider the reverse of the above color schemes.

#22 ·
Another vote for #2 but my vote is a little biased from my own car.

[/URL][/IMG]

#23 ·
Looks great!! Did you taper the stripes at the nose any? I read somewhere that most were tapered to keep the perspective because the hood has a narrowing line to the nose.

#24 ·
I like argent, but here's the issue...

I live in Vegas, and I'm an alumni of UNLV. Our state rival is UNR... Wanna take a guess at their colors?

Dark blue and Silver (Argent)

It's dumb, I know, but I just couldn't live with it.

{insert shame face emoji here}

#26 ·
Reactions: whtarush
#25 ·
#2, but also diggin' #6

#27 ·
Have you thought about no stripes? Just saying.
Stan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.