Big stuff today! My wife helped install the front and rear windshields which was awesome! I still need to glaze them but at least the hard part is over.
I then installed the amps, catch can, and tank breather. I was a little concerned about the differing sizes of the amps but, now that it's in, i'm pretty happy with it. I am going to use some of my leftover braided line to make the feed from the housing to the bottom of the can. That way fluid can work it's way back down to the housing.
The coolant leak was due to some poor machining on the thermostat housing. I have one of those pivoting CSR housing with the o-ring. There was a burr on the thermostat mating surface. Cleaned it up and it sealed great.
After that, i pulled the toe in a little bit as the wheels were flared out some. I intend to do another full alignment Monday.
Then came the FUN part. After going through all my pre-fire checks...I fired it up. I was pretty amped up and forgot to video it.
First thing, sucker is LOUD although that's a bit expected since it's a 3" exhaust that is currently terminated in front of the rear end. i 'hope' having the tubes run out the rear will help quiet it down some. If not, i'm going to put a 2.5" exhaust in.
Second, i think the trans is a little low on fluid. I know some leaked out on the driveshaft install. The reason I mention this is because getting it in gear is a bit of a chore. I also want to re-check the pinion angle. When i have it saftey checked (Missouri law), I'm going to have my mechanic also check pinion angle among other things.
Last...the current alignment SUCKS but it worked.
The first drive was TERRIFYING!! I LOVE IT. I drove it about a mile but it's unreal. I didnt get on it very much and its still scary quick! It'll take a little bit to get dialed in but man...it's FUN!
I was shaking for about an hour after the drive...