Well im officially starting on my 65 project. I hope to make this an Eleanor so i should add a lot of MTF stuff to her once i get into that phase
Coupe is solid, will prob need front floor panels and some trunk metal. Rear already converted to 5 lug and a 8" With new leafs. Has sub frame connectors and torque boxes to install
Have all parts for v8 swap front, granda spindles/disc setup, and new front suspension to install as well as manual steering v8 parts (The front suspension will prob change as im thinking about some form of coil over and EPS)
Anyway, ive torn the whole interior out, removed the qtr windows, pulled the tank, railights, and qtr extensions out.
Started measuring and marking where to cut the pillars. 9" looked like a good mark. Between the clips and should allow me room to work. Planning to put a bar on the inside to weld too and for extra strength
Wow that looks like a nice solid car, nice find. I could have used that hardtop roof 2 years ago.
yeah it was pretty awesome to find one without a ton of rust especially with what it came with
Did some more measuring and markings. Re-measured everything inly to realize i only measured 8" on the fastback A pillar...Weird but fixed everything and made the new lines. Used tape to make sure my lines were straight and welded in a few small pieces in the windshield area to help with allignment
May get started this weekend. I went and got a few more jack stands so ill put the coupe on all 4 via the rails. Ive measured over and over and just installed more lighting to help. Ive got cut off discs and the trunk corners now too.
Well its been a fun night...Chopped the fastback and got.l in place and then started finding the binding points. Have the one side fitted pretty well but at some point the passenger side had a qtr replaced ment that was flanged under it. Then topped with bondo so there are 2 layers of metal and a good amount of bondo so i need to wire wheel and see if they welded it up or hope i find screws...i doubt it though lol
So in getting the FB top on of course i royally messed up. I knocked off my bars for lining up the windshield area. So anyway, needless to say i had GT350sr get me some measurements and what do you know, the drivers side was 1/2" high. So i cut that out and got everything lined up last night and now im getting close to being able to weld. Granted i still need to do some metal cleaning and prep.