I made my initial post a few months back, but I think some of my pictures didn't show up for everyone. Figured I would try again! :-)
A little background - the car is pretty much a bare shell - was media blasted down to the metal and epoxy primered. This was done by the previous owner, and I bought it as a project. The good news is there is not a speck of rust anywhere, and the whole car is straight as an arrow. The bad news is I'm building a life size lego model. :-)
Since buying the car, I have been working to get the suspension ready to go. I am installing the Rod and Custom Motorsports kit front and rear, and have Wilwood 4 wheel discs, and a 9" with 3.70s and tru-trac limited slip. The front subframe has been welded in and I am in the process of welding in the cover plates, so that I can start working on the engine bay and bolt up the suspension, steering and brakes. Finishing up painting the under-side of the car as well. My goal is over the next few months to get it off the chassis dolly and onto 4 wheels.
In the last few weeks, I have continued to add to my parts collection. I bought a drivetrain from an 85 GT that the owner was parting out. It's a 306 with Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads, cam and intake, has a FMS 10.5 clutch, and a T5, MSD ignitition, all accessories, mini-starter, etc. Hell of a deal, I am excited about that. I pulled the carb off the engine and am installing Fitech EFI. I pulled off the Fox headers and installed a set of JBA 1650s.
I just dropped in a new Spectra EFI tank, and am in the process of running new fuel and brake lines. I am using Nicop lines for the brakes and bending/flaring my own.
I put my to-date pictures into the following Google album, hopefully everyone can access the directory:
I'll keep everyone posted as I make more progress!