1967 Mustang Coupe to Fastback Conversion - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 14Likes

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Hey!

Long time since my last update. I have made some progress. I got both front frame rails positioned, attached to the jig, and partially welded to the floor supports. I have also prepped a bunch of metal and modified how I am going to progress with the car.

I ended up having to remove and disassemble the frame rail assemblies. 1 or both of them were off when I originally welded them in and I wanted to fix it. Plus, it made it much easier to work with just the frame rail instead of the entire assembly. I have also been updating my frame dimensions in SolidWorks and it has been paying out! I do plan to upload the dimensions when I am done repairing the frame portion of the car as well as any additional dimensions that I acquire from the Fastback conversion (i.e. location of the rear seat and trim brackets, not the same on the Coupe).

I have, just now, noticed an issue with the rear of the car (see photos). It appears that one of the rear quarters is a 1/4" higher than the other and looks funny from the rear. I figured that some sort of repair was done to the car. Not a big deal since all the metal is being replaced.

I am almost done editing my latest video! Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0b...r7z6nemIIzUgyg

Slows
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Driver side.JPG (39.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Passenger side.JPG (41.7 KB, 44 views)
ripped, 4ocious and FRC928 like this.

~Paul

"It's not that you can't do it, you just haven't been able to yet"

1967 Mustang Coupe to Fastback - In progress
Build Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0b...r7z6nemIIzUgyg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 06:30 PM

Hey man I'm going to convert my 67 coupe to fastback also just picked it up last week already disassembled I'm doing all of the bodywork myself, I plan on using dynacorn coupe to fastback conversion kit. Are you going to use new sheet metal or a doner car.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klear_koat View Post
Hey man I'm going to convert my 67 coupe to fastback also just picked it up last week already disassembled I'm doing all of the bodywork myself, I plan on using dynacorn coupe to fastback conversion kit. Are you going to use new sheet metal or a doner car.

PM me for some prices on dynacorn sheet metal. Doing this swap on a customers 67 coupe I have in the shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current stable
65 fastback
65 coupe
66 coupe
94 Cobra, on a rotisserie right now

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klear_koat View Post
Hey! Iím am using all new sheet metal from Dynacorn. Itís worth it in my opinion because you end up with all new metal. You will probably have to play with it a bit to make right but itís good stuff. Be sure to build a jig. Check out my YouTube channel in my sig block.

~Paul

"It's not that you can't do it, you just haven't been able to yet"

1967 Mustang Coupe to Fastback - In progress
Build Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0b...r7z6nemIIzUgyg
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 12:16 PM

I found you on YouTube and posted a few things on there I open the account on here a couple weeks ago I believe and completely forgot about it trying to see if I can get dimensions of your jig. I did post a small video underneath of the comments on YouTube what I’m doing but not everything. I should make a build post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page