I found some surprises and made myself some work installing the new seat belts. The last picture is of a poor cover patch I found and a result from using an impact to remove stubborn bolts... I tore the floor metal getting the dang thing removed. (2nd pic).
I ended up using some masking tape to make a pattern of my repair area and transferring it to 18 gauge sheet steel to form a patch... The first pic is just setting the welders .. it's been a minute since I've used my own equipment to weld...always tune on scrap!
I have a couple more pieces to make and I should be able to seal up the interior.
All my welding is done for this go around. I found a few shoddy repairs that I will address later on, but they have been holding up for at least 25 years and won't affect safety... I'm going to let them be for now. Everything is primed, seam sealed and undercoated.
The next big decision is sound deadner... I leaning towards Noisco so far. I don't want to spring the cash loose for Dynamat.
I got a big box from NPD today. I usually keep the packing paper for masking or covering my work space for painting or glueing. This time I got a large supply of Birthday wrapping paper. I’m going to put it to use. 🙂
I'm fully understanding why interior shops charge what they do.. I finally got the console fitted and mounted. That front bracket was the biggest challenge. The repo I received was 1/4" too tall and not formed correctly to match the trans tunnel or the bottom of the console itself..
A few more seals and and rear window regulators to finish before the first show of the year for me.