Alright, it's about time. I finally have another old car. It's been a LOOONNGG time since I've had one I could drive daily. Like, 20 years long. I've had some projects since then, but never something I could just get in and drive. If you are interested in how I got to this point, check out my first thread here: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...-66-coupe.html
So what am I starting with? Well, it's a 66 coupe, pretty much rust free, with a couple of dents here and there. It's white with blue interior, and is pretty well optioned. P/S, P/B, V8, A/C, console, etc. Here's the build tag:
And here she is:
So here are the plans as of right now.
1) Seatbelts, like yesterday. 3 point in all four seats.
2) Sort out the steering, She's a little wayword at speed.
3) Brakes. Dual master is a must. I will do front discs at the same time.
4) Headliner and Windshield. I'm not sure if I'll hold off until paint, as I already have all of the stuff to do these.
5) A/C, I still need to sort out what I'm going to use.
6) Paint. Hmmm, what color will I go with? It won't be white.
So the car came with a BUNCH of extras. Here is a list off the top of my head.
1) Windshield- an original Ford unit, not a repop.
2) 4 new hubcaps, also REAL Ford pieces.
3) Original intake. It has a performer and 1406 carb on it right now. I runs great though.
4) All factory a/c parts
Here's what's been done so far: It has new(ish) interior, minus the headliner. Engine and trans just rebuilt. (I have receipts from the shop that did the work.)