I have titled my project as "Family Affair" for 2 reasons. 1) I 'd like for this to be a true family project with a lot of teaching things to my kids and having them grow to appreciate hard work and enjoy car projects. 2) Is was more of a joking (my poor sense of humor) reason, with the time and money spent out in the garage my wife may think I am supporting a mistress...
We are doing a restomod. I purposely started with a beat up, barely running I6 car, because I planned to restomod it.
Here are some of the styling items I am planning on doing to my 67 Coupe.
- Eleanor style lower nose, with the fog light dimples filled and smoothed.
- Stock upper nose (stock headlight buckets, and stock grill with horse and corral and my current fog lights)
- Stock 67 Turn signal hood
- Eleanor style (MTF) high rockers and side exhaust
- Eleanor style fender/quarter flares
- Stock 67 quarter panel side scoops
- Eleanor style coupe deck lid spoiler
- Stock 67 taillights
- MTF Resto-mod rear valance
Some people may think the Stock/Eleanor mix will be ugly, and it may be, but I won't know until I get it that far. Besides, I am building this car for me, and what I want it to be.
This is a long term project, we don't expect to have it complete for at least a few years and we are just at the beginning of the project.
I will try and keep the project page of my website up to date. 1slowformula.com/mustang
I have also started a project playlist on youtube.
And, I will be posting updates to this thread.
I have some photos, but have been tracking more of this project in video form. I hope you guys enjoy and follow along with the project.
Here is what we started with when we bought the car 11 years ago.