I have been catching up on this thread. We also have a 68 coupe. You have done quite a job! We would like to ask some questions:
1. Up to the point where the engine failed what do you think you had in it in both hours and $$?
2. Have you determined a root cause of the engine failure?
3. What were your piston to wall clearances?
4. What were your main and rod bearing clearances?
5. What was crank endplay?
6. What was the ring gaps?
7. Did you have good oil pressure?
8. Was '13' used on a real trans am Mustang?
9. Is the car street legal (exhaust, etc)?
Last edited by Paul1958; 04-06-2013 at 12:41 PM.