I have also purchased a set of heads that are date coded within what this vehicle should have and a distributor (got this from gjz30075 as well). After talking with my accountant yesterday, I have decided I had better start doing some things that don't involve spending a whole bunch of money (the tax man cometh). So I have attached the drivers side floor pan pictures that I am working on now.
It was decided that I need to rid the car of the quarter. gikort suggested a metal shear which I must say worked great. I looked up the Harbor Freight one (I hate Harbor Freight tools but this had 4+ stars so I got it). Chicago Electric metal shear for 14ga metal, works great for cutting out the panel. grayle showed me how he had done his panel and gave me a bit of confidence to tackle it. And of course Pete, who showed me how he does panels and explained what to do (leaving the lip as shown in the above photos so that I can put the new skin over what is left and cut both the panel and the old "lip" together so the panels will match. More to come once I get a panel.
1st off on this update, pay no mind to the dead soldier in the trunk. He was a good soldier, a damn good soldier...now to the update. I have everything cut, drilled of ground off that needs to be gone. The only trouble spot that I have found is towards the front on the outer wheel well. I purchased an outer wheel well thinking I may need it, but will only cut out and replace the portion that is bad.
Getting some Master Series Silver from Pete this coming week. Decided while waiting for that to put the quarter panel on hold and see what the back seat area held in store. It's really clean and will require no welding (YAY). I will just clean the floor with a wire brush and apply the MS silver to it.
Moving on to the trunk. Found a couple of spots on the left (driver's) side that will need a bit of attention. Sometimes I cut this out and wel in a piece, but when it's not too bad, I just weld up on rusted through spots...