A few parts were delivered this week, and while waiting for a special wrench for my lower balljoint, I thought that I'd tackle the door.
There were a number of issues, and upgrades.
The window regulator was worn, so I replaced that.
It was quite badly out of alignment, so spent a good amount of time working out the issues.
(Window never closed tight lately, so always was wind noise on the highway)
Then added a courtesy light in the door.
The door was missing the handle bracket, so I installed that as well.
I thought that I checked the mirror for looseness, and put everything back together.
Nope I didn't check it properly and had to take everything back off again, and took the mirror out and apart. Applied some loctite to the offending screw and put it all back in.
Forgot to guide the adjuster knob through the panel, so yep took it all apart again, and finally have it together.
Took most of the day, but the window alignment looks good, cranks up and down good, and doesn't rattle. Mirror is nice and solid, and the hand hold is screws in tight, so the panel should stay on, even when the door is closed hard.
Whew, quite a long challenging day, but overall addressed quite a few important issues. Especially the window and mirror rattling.