Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Status of Mach in paint shop

960 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jimk 
#1 ·
My Mach is in Trevor (Wisc) at the Hot Rod Haus. Got there on April 6, but progress was nill. They are a small shop but real busy with local and out-of-state work. They do stuff for Car Craft so they are getting some attention. Anyway, I called yesterday to see if they started. They have already finished the prep work on the fender and hood, and have started on the body. I'll be visiting the shop on Sat. to see the progress. My original goal was to have it done by July 4 for a car show sponsored by my town. My sig has a link to pics taken during the body and engine work.

#2 ·
Pics look great!!! Keep your fingers crossed for the 4th. I am praying to have mine back for the next club meet. But it won't look as good as yours.

#3 ·
Looking good! Is it me or does it seem to take body shops no time to repair a newer car but 5x as long to paint a vintage car? When mine goes in the shop the ETA for completion has been quoted as 3-4 weeks total (which I think is reasonable but I expect it will probably double), but I can't believe a shop can do a complete wreck repair in like 10 days and not a strip/body repair/repaint in the same amount of time. Just a rant!

#4 ·
I gave mine up on 3/11 and was told 3-4 weeks. I still don't have it back yet!?!? I thought it was a simple (HA,HA) engine and tranny pull and paint, and replace fluids and gaskets on both. Adjust doors and fenders, add spoilers, stripes and rocker mouldings.
I must keep hope alive. It's a roll of the dice if it will be ready for the next club meet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.