July 31 MEETING - Anderson Bros. Ford - Berwyn - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 08:15 AM

Sorry that I missed it. We were busy at the new house. There is so much to do.

It looks like there was a good turnout and you got lots done. Glad to hear that it was successful, so that it will continue.

Paul

67 GTA Fastback - A Code
69 Torino Cobra Fastback - R Code
69 Ranchero GT
13 GT/CS Coupe

[IMG]http://home.comcast.net/~pbader5/wsb...8/site1084.jpg[/IMG]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 10:26 AM

I completely agree with Jason: this was a fantastic experience that epitomizes the purpose of this club. Thank you Jason for organizing this terrific event. I also would like to thank Bob Anderson for letting us overrun his dealership. Obviously, he is passionate about cars, his family business, and our hobby. The tour of the facilities was a nice end to the event.

Everyone at Anderson Ford was extremely helpful and enthusiastic. I would like to offer special thanks to Danny Simanek (Senior Master Technician) and John Smulski (Service Manager), both of whom spent considerable time working on my car. (One other mechanic also was very helpful, but unfortunately, I forgot his name.) These guys were great

In the end, I learned a great deal about my car, met some great guys at Anderson Bros Ford, and had a blast.

Thanks to all!
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 07:56 PM
Moderatly Old Fart
Supporting Member

Those guys are great!

Danny made it all look so easy! I learned a lot just hanging out!

Danny also mentioned that many of us had leaky shifter shafts on the side of our C4 automatic trannys. He suggested we all line the cars up on the lifts at one meeting and do them all together. This would involve removing the pan, draining the trans fluid, removing the valve body, replacing the seal on the shifter and reassembling the trans.

The parts place across the street has a pan gasket which is reusable, made of rubber-steel-rubber that does not leak. We need the seal the dealer carries and about 3 quarts of Type F fluid will also be needed. With him around I think we could do it!

Maybe for a meeting next spring?

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 06:29 PM

Being my first meeting, I was a little shy. I was more than a little dazzled. It got to the point that speaking wasn't an easy chore around all those sweet cars and knowledgeable folk. Honestly it really was easier to just shut my mouth and soak in the surroundings. Mr. Anderson was great. Danny and his team were superior to most mechanics I've dealt with, they really treated the club members as equals and talked with us accordingly. And, John was a knowledgeable host. I should have come in work boots and grubby clothes. I intended to help out, but there was more than enough to go around. I learned a lot from Perry's pinion repair, Zim's break fix and Gene's carb. I spent a lot of time wandering back and forth real fast as Gene's car and Zim's were on the lifts at the same time. I'll post even more pictures when I get them uploaded to my web space. When we do this again, I think I'll bring my 4100 in for a rebuild just to make sure it's done right!

Thanks Zim!

John Higgins
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 07:35 PM

What was the response from the visitors , like the people driving by , or that already were at the dealer shop . Did it bring in alot of on-lookers .............

post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 10:36 AM

I guess I had too much fun in the short time I was there. I left and had a heart attack at work. I'm home from Northwestern now and doing fine but, whew, little scare.
Was supposed to swap out my pumpkin w/FSTBK1968 this week but not right now...

Borrow money from pessimists -- they don't expect it back
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 10:49 AM

Your wife called me and told me of your condition...boy you sure get excited about Mustangs! :p I'm glad you're doing fine now. Please do not worry about the pumpkin swap, we will wait and reschedule it when you are ready.

1968 C code fastback. 463 cu. in. stroked FE, Tremec TKO, 3.70 N-case detroit locker
Visibility Group, 8k Factory Tachometer, Bench Seat
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 12:49 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that I had a great time last Saturday. Sorry for monopolizing the lift. Replacing the pinion bearings took longer than I expected. If your reading this Danny, THANKS! I coudn't have done it without your expert guidance. Next time I will leave my car in the lot so I can spend some time meeting everyone.

Perry

Perry T.
'70 coupe, 302 2V, C4 auto, A/C, PS
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2004, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Otis Campbell
Supporting Member

Garage
Woah!

It just goes to show you - you never know when it might happen.

Glad to hear you are doing ok.

-Zim

Jason Zimberoff [email protected] - 64.5 convertible
260 V8 - C4 Auto - Power Top - Console - 4 Wheel Drums

Zim's 64.5 Mustang -- Mustang Color Archive -- Chicago Vintage Mustang Club

"Nobody ever learned anything from listening to themselves talk..." - My grandfather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page