Bruno's auto parts (junkyard) - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Well, in my quest for matching tail light sockets, I drove past this hated place in Harvey, Hey, half the cars were gone!! More victims of the high scrap prices. But I stopped.
No more fat old SOB running the place. Just some other old SOB. Asked about going to go look at the old 67 Cougar for a wiring harness. "Sure, if it has one, that'll be $35.00" Well, let me go look. "Sure. It's $2.00 for that, and sign in here" (I faked my SS#) Walked around. The first time in like 30 years. I'll list the cars and comment on them.
67 Mustang fastback, 289 2bbl c-4. Rusted off at the cowl. Total junk. Had decent (well small dented) roof rail chrome. And an unbroken rear window.
2 65/66 C'verts. one a 6, the other a 289 (NOT a hipo) Total rustouts. No consoles.
3-4 65/66 coupes. ALL total rust outs.
A 60 Starliner, 62 Galaxie 4 dr, 63 4dr, 64 Merc 2 dr with that up/down rear window, 65, 66, 67 Galaxies.
63/64 Fairlanes, one a 2 dr that must of had buckets.
2 50's Edsels.
a 64/65 Falcon 2 dr
A 71 Mustang fastback.
5-6 Corvairs.
The Biggy: A 64 GTO C'vert WITH the engine still in it.
Now. Imagine letting your car sit out side for at least 30 years
There is ABSOLUTLEY NO GOOD SHEET METAL. But, engine mounts, fuel pumps, hood hinges, various brackets are still there.
Now the kicker: This stuff is still all there because this idiot still thinks all this S*@T is all restorable. "Yeah, we just got 200 for some silly seat brackets" some 40 YO guy told me. I asked about the GTO: "oh, thats big money." I said "it's a parts car, I wouldn't pay more than 500 for it."
Well, anyway, if you feel like going there some abuse, or, dish some out: exit the tollroad (294) eastbound on 159th. Stay on 159th until you go under a long rail road viaduct. Turn right immediately after the viaduct. Go south about a half mile to Brunos. They ain't busy, but don't block the driveway.

Roddster
67 GT 350: MCA & SAAC Gold winner
67 S code GTA coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-2004, 12:15 AM

thanks for the warning i was going to head out there someone just told me about the place they said he had a bunch of old cars there i quess i won't be taking the 25 mintue drive now

the poor mex
66 coupe
working on it

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/mystang66/
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-2004, 05:43 PM

Thanks!

"so... you talk to your car?" - SWMBO

Charlie, Dizzie, and my "new" '67 fastback project

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 06:49 PM

I might head out there for giggles the next time I have to cover a retail site in Orland or Lansing. Working IT does have it's advantages occaisionally.

John Higgins
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 09:55 PM

Hey Roddster,
You forgot to mention the 59 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible with the frame completed rotted off and the tree across the hood...if it's still there.

Darrell

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page