Moved To Heaven? - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

This is rather long, but I am so excited that I had to share...

We have finally taken possession of our new house, which is only about a mile and a half from where we live now. The sellers had an above ground pool in the back yard and we had asked them to remove it. We now have a 21 foot round hole in our back yard. So yesterday I was standing out there staring at the hole and trying to figure out how best to clean up the sand, gravel, etc. Our next door neighbor walks up to the fence to introduce himself. We get to chatting and he asks what happened to the pool. I told him that we didn't want it and I hadn't figured on having the hole to deal with. He says "I've got a bobcat in my shed. If you get some dirt delivered, I'll fill in the hole for you". Sweet! I ask why do you have a bobcat, are you in construction? He says no, it's just a toy to have fun with.

I go over to his shed and check out his bocat. Then on to his garage, which is fully loaded with tools of all kinds. I learn that he is the Operations Manager for Joe Rizza Ford. He started out as a mechanic and moved his way up. So now I have a Ford mechanic for a neighbor.

I tell him about the two Mustangs that will soon be in our garage. He asks about their engines. I say that I had hoped to beef up the one a little bit. He pulls away a tarp and uncovers a brand new 302 long block crate motor. He had bought it for a car and never used it. Right next to the motor is an engine hoist. I tell him that we will have to talk more about the motor, but I need to go and cut the grass. He asks if I want to use his riding mower. He wants to help me build a shed and a screened in porch and on and on it goes. It just keeps getting better.

Later in the day I had to run to the store. On the way back, I see one of the neighbors down the street parking a black 69 Charger RT at the curb with a for sale sign on it. I stop and get to chatting with him. He has 8 old Chargers He says that he is having some folks over later in the afternoon and that I should stop over for a beer. A few hours go by and I take a break from painting and head down to this guys house. It turns out that he is the President of the Chicago area Mopar club and he is hosting his annual "Moparty". There are over 100 people in his back yard for a catered meal and kegs of beer. There are also vintage Mopars lined up on both sides of his back yard. Way cool!

I have yet to meet the neighbor on the other side of our house, as he is in Florida inspecting / purchasing a vintage Jag for a friend. This neighbor has a nine car garage and builds race cars. Don't know what kind yet.

I don't know what the rest of the neighbors will surprise me with yet. All this on a small deadend street.

I think we are going to like it here... ::

Paul

67 GTA Fastback - A Code
69 Torino Cobra Fastback - R Code
69 Ranchero GT
13 GT/CS Coupe

[IMG]http://home.comcast.net/~pbader5/wsb...8/site1084.jpg[/IMG]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 10:02 AM

Sounds like you and Elaine might be getting a divorce (due to the fact you won't be home alot) :: :: :: , just kiddin ............

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 10:45 AM

Hmmm . . . Is the house across the street for sale?

Congratulations Paul! You can own the best house on Earth, but one bad neighbor can ruin it all. (Perhaps you wouldn't want me living across the street. : However, one (or more) great neighbors can make any house seem like the best.

I'm already imagining a big block party of Mustangs and Mopars.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 12:48 PM

That sounds like a great place to live. dead end street and a bunch of car guys with tools that like to have parties. Anything else for sale on the block?

Darrell

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 07:31 PM

Paul,

Sounds like the perfect neighborhood to move into. Wish mine was like that but slowly getting worse here. Might have to start looking for a new area to move to.
If you need any help over there just give me a call.

Bill
68 GT 390 Fastback S Code
69 Mach1 A/T A/C
68 Convertable-Project-Straight 6/Auto

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 12:28 AM

Paul,
Sounds great! The only "problem" with good neighbors is when you need to run out to mow the yard, or something else, just make sure to add for the "chat time".
Enjoy the new digs!

Oh, by the way, put up a fence around that old pool area, and I will have a nice house-warming present for you.......and Elaine. ::
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 08:05 AM

I want to see the garages! :p And the cars. ::

John Higgins
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 07:33 PM

Pictures..We need Pictures :: ::

Bill
69 Mach1 A/T A/C

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Finally have a photo of the house. Please click on this link...

http://home.comcast.net/~pbader5/wsb...D-1723016.html

Sorry for the large size.

Our cleaning and painting is going much slower than planned. The house is only ten years old, but it doesn't look like it has been cleaned (very well) in those ten years. I am having to paint over some very artistic sponge painting in almost every room. Two coats of primer and then two coats of paint. Nothing like painting every wall four times. Add in lots of patching and sanding.

Trying to get ready for the movers to come on 8/12. I haven't even been able to start on anything in the garage or yard yet.

It looks like I may miss this weekend's activities as well. :p

Maybe I can sneak out for a few hours on Sunday.

Paul

67 GTA Fastback - A Code
69 Torino Cobra Fastback - R Code
69 Ranchero GT
13 GT/CS Coupe

[IMG]http://home.comcast.net/~pbader5/wsb...8/site1084.jpg[/IMG]
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 06:46 PM

Nice digs!

John Higgins
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 08:44 PM

Very sweet there Paul , love the front porch , and how about the back yard , looks wooded from my angle ..... oh yea and I love that 3rd big door in front :: ..

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 08:47 PM

Very nice Paul. Love the large years space also. Best is the 3 car garage which I was pulled to first.

So when is the big House Warming party? ::

Bill
69 Mach1 A/T A/C

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2004, 09:29 AM

Nice! The fastback looks pretty nice in the driveway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page