Bourbonnais Mustang and Ford show Aug.8th, info - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

HI. Our club which is affiliated with the Mustang Club of America is having a show on Aug.8th. It's on grass and has trees around. It's a nice location. I just found your club today and would like to invite you all down for a good time.
It seems that as the years go by there are fewer older Mustangs coming out. John 65 fb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 06:30 PM

Here is a quick synopsis of the show. The weather was great and there was a large turnout! :: They really put on a good show.
A number of cars from the club won awards. Mark with his 04 Mach1 won an award as did Chuck with his great 65 fastback.
The biggest surprise was that Maria's Mach won a third place! :: My convert had a great time, but did not place. ::
The best in show was a beautiful arcadian blue 66 convert.
I will try to get picts up later.
I definitely will go there again next year! :: ::
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 07:30 PM

Ken,

Congrats on the 3rd place. I bet maria loved it.
We had a great HOT day at Landmark Ford and the Chicago VMF dominated the 68's. Jeff-68FB428CJ with the 68 428 Fastback took first place and Randy-Palmaceae with his great 68 hard top won 3rd place. It was a very fun day for us and even had the kids come out for a while. I Got some good prizes with the raffles and that made my day also besides al the great cars there to look over.

Bill
68 GT 390 Fastback S Code
69 Mach1 A/T A/C
68 Convertable-Project-Straight 6/Auto

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 11:51 PM

Bill,
Hopefully next year there will not be a conflict, and you guys can come down here. There is a play land by the show area for the kids, and they set up some games for the kids. Theresa had a great time playing toss the Chevy in the toilet. ::
Hopefully before the year is over Maria and I will get to another VMF gathering. Unfortunately a family outing happend to pup up on the 29th of August, so no picknick for us.
Maria was very excited. We did not even completly clean her car. We figured the convert would have a better chance if we were going to place at all. Maria's dash is not all in the car even. We took out the pasenger side to send the clock out to be repaired, but I guess people looked at the outside more, and it did not hurt that this class did not have a lot of cars entered.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 03:46 PM

I thought is was a great show as well. Perry Farm is a great setting and I thought the club did an outstanding job. Not a bad place to spend the day. I wound up with a Second Place with my 67 Fastback and my buddy walked off with a Second as well for his 1965 Convert.

It was a nice relaxing day in very pleasant surroundings. A great bunch of people with a tremendous amount of knowledge!

Jack
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 05:08 PM

Jack,
I saw your car. Very nice!
Which convert was your friends. Was it the green one with the littlte Ford shop on the air cleaner?
Next time I hope to put the car with the face with the name.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 05:46 PM

Got up there late in the day with the wife and kids. Even she said we should have gotten there earlier ::
Beautiful day, park, nice cars, the farm animals...it had something for everyone.

Very nice car Jack, 2nd is great. Some nice looking cars in that division.
Couldn't bring the vert because the battery dumped on Sat. morning and I can't lift anything yet. ::

Borrow money from pessimists -- they don't expect it back
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 01:39 PM

Ken:

My budies car was right next to me. It's a black 65 vert with a black/white Pony Interior. Actually that was the first time he had the car out this year as we just finished puting an engine in it. The engine in the car is the engine I bought from Mike Rodak, a fellow VMF'r in Lombard, IL.

Jack
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 03:50 PM

I really liked that black and white interior!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 09:56 PM

That was a great show and I certainly didn't expect to win anything since I have that small dent and scratch on the front valance. I guess they like the color black better than red (a little too common, maybe?). Anyway, congrats Ken on the win for Maria and I've been trying to tell you it's a show-worthy car. You had a tough class for your vert (as I did for my truck), and Ray, the winner of best of show certainly deserved it. It was so clean you get eat off it! He was parked next to me at the fall 2002 Morris show when my 65 Fastback was clobbered by a runaway LTD and I still tell him I was glad it was me and not him. I parked directly across from him Sunday and I had to ask him if that was a safe spot! :: I can't wait till next year.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 10:11 PM

I really liked that car. The paint on that car looked better than my 04!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 02:36 PM

Which car was it that won the best of show?

Borrow money from pessimists -- they don't expect it back
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 02:40 PM

The best in show was a beautiful arcadian blue 66 convert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page