Vintage Mustang Forums

Vintage Mustang Forums (https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/)
-   Chicago Area VMFers (https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/chicago-area-vmfers/)
-   -   MEETING! - Anderson Ford - Saturday April 30! (https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/chicago-area-vmfers/479983-meeting-anderson-ford-saturday-april-30-a.html)

zim64half 04-08-2005 07:24 PM

Howdy all.

I just found out that we have been invited to once again bring our cars
to the Service department at Anderson Ford in Berwyn on Sat. April 30!

In case this hasn't been said enough, this is a great opportunity to pick the
brain of Danny Simanek, an experienced Ford senior mechanic and all around
great guy. It is very nice, and a rare opportunity to get some hard to find
FREE advice about your car, not to mention the FREE use of a lift. The guys
over at Anderson are doing us a huge favor by asking us to come in.

As usual the rules are:

1. If you spent a lot of time on the lift already, please let someone else
have a chance before you pull into the bays again.

2. Please do not try to start a project that will take a long time.

3. Please do not complain if you are not able to get in this time.

4. Try to bring your own parts - and plan ahead! Even simple things are not
always easy to find for these old cars at a moment's notice!

Here are the details:

What: Anderson Ford / CVMC Tech Day
When: 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM on Saturday, April 30, 2004
Where: Anderson Bros. Ford - 6539 Ogden Av. - Berwyn, IL

Go ahead and reply here if you are coming, and try to explain what you
want to do!

Thanks!

-Zim

pauls2 04-08-2005 10:36 PM

I'll be there and I'm sure I could come up with a project or two. I'm tired of crawling under the cars... :p

Anyone looking at a 2005 Mustang, Anderson's pricing was by far the best when we were looking a while back! A great chance to return the favor of the tech meetings.

palmaceae 04-08-2005 10:40 PM

I will be there, nothing left to do on my car (well this year) but I will be glad to help people out.
Do you think Anderson would let us take a picture of our cars next to a 2005 GT (if they have any), love to have a blue GT next to mine in a picture!
Randy

jgdunn 04-09-2005 10:10 AM

I'll be there. I don't have much to do, but would like maybe 15 minutes on the lift to insert some grommets. Otherwise, I'll just watch and learn.

mach1mustang 04-11-2005 09:40 AM

I asked before, but is there a way to find out if they have the welding and someone who can weld sub frames on? I can have the job preped and ready to weld if they can do it?

Gene_J 04-11-2005 03:30 PM

Darn. That one I will not be able to go to. If the detailing guys shows up could someone get me a copy of his handouts? He was very good lst time.

Ts65fastback 04-11-2005 04:32 PM

I would like to go to this. There's a couple things I'd like to have looked at. My manual trans is leaking quit a bit at. This may be too big to deal with then, but I'd like to get some expert advise on what to do. Also the parking break needs to be adjusted to hold better. Plus just learn some things about the car I don't know.

Also, I haven't met anyone from the club yet, so this might be a good opportunity.

Tom

pauls2 04-24-2005 08:01 AM

I would like to replace the starter, install the kickdown linkage and replace a stripped wheel stud on "PAULS2".

Gotta get her ready for the Volo car coral... :rolleyes:

buster65 04-26-2005 08:23 AM

Just found out I have to work :wall:...Well at least its more money for the car. :winkgrin:

wt_stang 04-29-2005 01:21 AM

I plan to be there would like to repair a down shifting problem with trans. Pull pan off and clean up pump? Will be changing oil pan on friday stripped drain plug and not able to drive like that. Wish me Luck. Dave

zim64half 04-29-2005 12:16 PM

Weather forecast is for early rain, but should clear out about the
time things really get going.

See you all there!

-Zim

palmaceae 04-29-2005 04:17 PM

If I am able to come tomorrow, I would like them to look at my electrical system under the hood, I am having the typical "voltage is fluctuating" problem. I checked everything I could think of.
Randy

Ts65fastback 04-29-2005 05:06 PM

If the weather is good, I want to come out. It's about an hours drive for me.

Tom

MrElk2 04-29-2005 10:44 PM

I would love to be there but my daughter has 2 soccer games I have to attend :( Hopefully I can make the next one we have there.

Gene_J 04-30-2005 01:22 AM

Sniff...I am working. This will be the first meeting I will miss.