Indy Mustang & Ford Show - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Anyone planning on attending? July 15 & 16 at the speedway. Info and registration form here:

http://www.indymustangclub.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 12:19 PM

Hi,

I am going to the Indy show-I have a late model 03. I hear it is a blast and get to do a lap on INDY track <even if 30 mph> is worth it for me. I'm Vice Pres of Stallionsgate Mustang & Ford Club and I think one other member with his CA Special <cover of Mustang Monthly> is also going from my club.

I'm leaving Westmont at 11?? Fri morning and have booked the Brickyard Crossing <host hotel>. If anyone wants to caravan down maybe? email me
[email protected]

Central Illinois Stangers have a group going also.

post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangShar
Hi,

I am going to the Indy show-I have a late model 03. I hear it is a blast and get to do a lap on INDY track <even if 30 mph> is worth it for me. I'm Vice Pres of Stallionsgate Mustang & Ford Club and I think one other member with his CA Special <cover of Mustang Monthly> is also going from my club.

I'm leaving Westmont at 11?? Fri morning and have booked the Brickyard Crossing <host hotel>. If anyone wants to caravan down maybe? email me
[email protected]

Central Illinois Stangers have a group going also.
What route are you taking? I might be able to meet up somewhere along the way. I will be trailering my kar but wouldn't mind joining a caravan. I have my reservations made at the host hotel as well, but found you can get a room for $5 less than the group rate at this site:

Indy.org

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 02:49 PM

We are going, this will be our 3rd year. It is a great show, its my favorite of the year. Then the last day you get take a parade lap on the track, thats worth the trip right there!. It is a judged show (fairly judged I might add). The museum is really cool too.
We usually go 294 to 80/94 to 65 to Indy, its a nice drive. We are leaving that Friday morning.
We are also staying at the Brickyard Crossing.

1929 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan
1986 GT Convertible

<><
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 05:13 PM

I think we're taking Indiana 65 down BUT I am also trying to caravan down with Central IL Stangers...it could be a large caravan. If we have have more people from our area, maybe we'd all meet up on 65 somewhere and head South?

Here's my cell anyone feel free to use it, no one is going to abuse it 630 865-4203-Shar

Where is the show held in relation to Brickyard Crossing hotel? I can't WAIT to go!

I'm leaving Friday @ 11 a.m. can we get a count here on how many and who wants to ride together? : )
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 05:15 PM

[color:blue]Hi,

Where's the show in relation to the Brickyard Crossing? Good vendors?? You know, women want to shop....[/color]
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I think we're taking Indiana 65 down BUT I am also trying to caravan down with Central IL Stangers...it could be a large caravan. If we have have more people from our area, maybe we'd all meet up on 65 somewhere and head South?

Here's my cell anyone feel free to use it, no one is going to abuse it 630 865-4203-Shar

Where is the show held in relation to Brickyard Crossing hotel? I can't WAIT to go!

I'm leaving Friday @ 11 a.m. can we get a count here on how many and who wants to ride together? : )
I think the Central Illinois Stangers will probably be using I-72/I-57/I-74. To join up with them would require you Chicago/Burbs people to take I-57 to Champaign-Urbana which would make a good meeting place. A few miles longer but less traffic... I would also imagine most anyone coming from the Northern Mustang Corral would use this route as well so perhaps we can pick up a few from there. Any NMC'rs here? There is also a club in Danville we might be able to pick up a few from.

I will be starting from C-U myself as I need to put a few hours in at work, had planned on somewhere around noon but will wait a few hours and/or take off earlier to join a caravan.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 10:25 PM

You know we'll firm up details if there's a caravan and a count on whos all going from this area. It would be fun to caravan in if possible. Hold on to my email I'll check back here soon. Nice meeting you all here!
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 11:47 PM

Quote:
[color:blue]Hi,

Where's the show in relation to the Brickyard Crossing? Good vendors?? You know, women want to shop....[/color]
The show is held in the infield of the 500, the Hotel is right next door, easy walking distance. Now the banquet is on the other side of the raceway, not really walking distance though. What we usually do is keep the mustang parked inside the 500 grounds all weekend because it is secure, we will also have another vehicle to drive if need be. As of vendors there were a couple last year at the show, dont know about this year. See you all there!
Randy

1986 GT Convertible

<><
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 09:10 AM

Make sure you stop and say Hi to me - I'll be the idiot on the PA system once again. Heck, I may even bring a car out this year to drive on the track.

Dave

David Stribling
Dave Stribling Restorations
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 09:51 PM

Thanks Randy, sounds absolutely perfect!
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 06:09 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to j21moss
well with 5 days to go we have 95 pregistered and more are coming in.. Hope to see everbody there It's going to be a great show!!
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j21moss
well with 5 days to go we have 95 pregistered and more are coming in.. Hope to see everbody there It's going to be a great show!!
Look forward to it, hopefully the weather will be perfect!
See you all there!
Randy

1986 GT Convertible

<><
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 10:26 AM

Maybe a group photo shot in front of the museum or something?

Dave :p

David Stribling
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Any more info on a caravan?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page