Waiting for the urge to kick in - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

I have been gathering some parts for the 65 over the winter but I have been so busy that I have not felt the urge to work on the car. Maybe its the weather. I had to start it to pull it out of the garage so I could take a deliver into the garage without hitting the car. Starting it got me thinking a little bit but Im not ready yet. I think I need it to be warm enough to open the doors and crank up the radio. The garage is heated but it just doesnt feel the same. Anyone else feelin the same?

65 2+2
73 Vert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:12 PM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to coolblue65
I feel that way...I have tons of projects waiting:

1. finish building & installing my center console
2. Install power window motors and switches
3. Get new front (fiberglass shelby R)and rear(GT) fascia's painted and installed
4. Reupholster rear seats (I got new upholstry to match my Procar seats in the front)
5. Take the car to a shop to get it dyno tuned

Hopefully I will get them done before May- but now that I am moving who knows!

ET: [email protected] mph
ENGINE: FiTech EFI, DSS 347, AFR 185s, Vic Jr, XE274HR cam, MSD ign, Hooker Headers, Magnaflow exhaust
DRIVELINE: Tremec 3550, Pro 5.0, Fidanza AL Flywheel, McCleod clutch, 3.55's, 13" GT Front & Cobra Rear brakes
SUSPENSION: 17" TTII's, 235/45 tires, 620 coils, Shelby drop, 1" & 3/4" sway bars, Monte Carlo bar, S&T strut rods, Bilsteins, & roller perches
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:20 PM

Feeling the same way. Had to go out yesterday and look at 2 mustangs on craigs list. Still not ready to go work in the garage. Must be those four letter words, snow, rain, salt.

MarkJacklin
69 coupe
68 coupe c code
68 coupe s code
2008 BULLIITT
2002 T-BIRD

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 12:19 PM

Garage
I have the urge, just don't have the time. hopefully it gets better this summer...

'65 Mustang Hardtop
200, C4 - check this space for updates...
Rust repair in progress
Photo History Here
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 08:43 PM

Hey, I thought everyone had winter projects for their car! I guess I'm the only one working on them! I just haven't been making a dent on the honey-do list. Anyway, I put on a new dual exhaust, reupholstered the front and back seats and repainted the set of styled steel wheel I bought last year. Oh well, gotta go work on that "other" list....

66 Fastback,Tahoe Turquoise,289-C Code,C-4,Pony Int.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 09:06 PM

I am finally working on mine, kind of late for me! I am replacing my upholstery and the windshield. I am thinking about replacing my exhaust also, have not decided yet. I am getting closer to concours and the exhaust I have has been driving me crazy. It is for one not correct and two it is lower on one side and the only way to fix it is to re-bend some of the pipes. I am thinking about putting a factory GT exhaust on it, but I am going to lose that nice flowmaster sound. Decisions, decisions

1929 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan
1986 GT Convertible

<><
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 10:42 PM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to coolblue65
I need to add one more to my project list....

The UPS man just dropped off a new Magnaflow exhaust.

But who knows when I will get around to installing this either!

(I am removing the flowmaster system and will be selling it, if anyone is interested.)

ET: [email protected] mph
ENGINE: FiTech EFI, DSS 347, AFR 185s, Vic Jr, XE274HR cam, MSD ign, Hooker Headers, Magnaflow exhaust
DRIVELINE: Tremec 3550, Pro 5.0, Fidanza AL Flywheel, McCleod clutch, 3.55's, 13" GT Front & Cobra Rear brakes
SUSPENSION: 17" TTII's, 235/45 tires, 620 coils, Shelby drop, 1" & 3/4" sway bars, Monte Carlo bar, S&T strut rods, Bilsteins, & roller perches
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page