'69 Tilt Column Parts - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
'69 Tilt Column Parts

I have a good '69 tilt/tilt away column, but am missing the vacuum valve/switch, and actuator - which are not reproduced anywhere from what I can see. Please drop me a PM if you have either of these items and would be willing to sell. I would also be interested in a good wiring harness too if you have it. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 02:23 PM

The part number for the vacuum valve is: C8SZ-13B064-A. NOS Parts Source in Olathe, KS 913-220-5746 shows that they may have one in stock. Hope this helps.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks a lot for the message, but I am pretty sure that is the check valve that goes under the hood, which is also reproduced. I am needing the actuator & valve mechanism that mount to the steering column itself. These are the two components that activate and pull the cable on the steering column that release the tilt-away feature, and seem to be pretty hard to find.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 01:01 PM

Tilt parts

You might check with West Coast Cougars. They list a lot of tilt parts and repair the columns according to their U tube video.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 02:15 PM

69 Tilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqu02 View Post
I have a good '69 tilt/tilt away column, but am missing the vacuum valve/switch, and actuator - which are not reproduced anywhere from what I can see. Please drop me a PM if you have either of these items and would be willing to sell. I would also be interested in a good wiring harness too if you have it. Thanks in advance.
Sorry, I can't help. I just sold mine to a guy in Nebraska. LOL
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffsbk68 View Post
You might check with West Coast Cougars. They list a lot of tilt parts and repair the columns according to their U tube video.
Thanks for the suggestion, and yes, I have already contacted them. They can fully repair these tilt columns, and I plan to send my column to them to go through it when I find all the pieces. Unfortunately though, they have trouble finding the parts I am needing too, and prefer to do a core replacement, or restore/fix these specific components.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqu02 View Post
Thanks a lot for the message, but I am pretty sure that is the check valve that goes under the hood, which is also reproduced. I am needing the actuator & valve mechanism that mount to the steering column itself. These are the two components that activate and pull the cable on the steering column that release the tilt-away feature, and seem to be pretty hard to find.
None of those parts mount to the steering column in a 68 or 69 they bolt onto a bracket that mounts to the bottom of the metal dash near the steering column... on it there is a relay, vacuum motor, and actuator , vacuum lines with a green and white strip
the 68 bracket is differs from a 69 bracket
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9F02R100011 View Post
None of those parts mount to the steering column in a 68 or 69 they bolt onto a bracket that mounts to the bottom of the metal dash near the steering column... on it there is a relay, vacuum motor, and actuator , vacuum lines with a green and white strip
the 68 bracket is differs from a 69 bracket
Thanks for the clarification on the mounting point, and mis-typed - you are correct. Here is a picture of the assembly, and valve is shown on the back of the bracket connected to the actuator with a hose.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg index.jpeg (7.1 KB, 7 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page