'69 Tilt Column Parts - Vintage Mustang Forums
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mqu02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 555
Garage
'69 Tilt Column Parts

I have a good '69 tilt/tilt away column, but am missing the vacuum valve/switch, and actuator - which are not reproduced anywhere from what I can see. Please drop me a PM if you have either of these items and would be willing to sell. I would also be interested in a good wiring harness too if you have it. Thanks in advance.
mqu02 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rowlett, TX
Posts: 206
The part number for the vacuum valve is: C8SZ-13B064-A. NOS Parts Source in Olathe, KS 913-220-5746 shows that they may have one in stock. Hope this helps.
AU Finger is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mqu02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 555
Garage
Thanks a lot for the message, but I am pretty sure that is the check valve that goes under the hood, which is also reproduced. I am needing the actuator & valve mechanism that mount to the steering column itself. These are the two components that activate and pull the cable on the steering column that release the tilt-away feature, and seem to be pretty hard to find.
mqu02 is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 01:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Waterloo,IL
Posts: 709
Tilt parts

You might check with West Coast Cougars. They list a lot of tilt parts and repair the columns according to their U tube video.
Ffsbk68 is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 02:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 141
69 Tilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqu02 View Post
I have a good '69 tilt/tilt away column, but am missing the vacuum valve/switch, and actuator - which are not reproduced anywhere from what I can see. Please drop me a PM if you have either of these items and would be willing to sell. I would also be interested in a good wiring harness too if you have it. Thanks in advance.
Sorry, I can't help. I just sold mine to a guy in Nebraska. LOL
jato289 is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mqu02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 555
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffsbk68 View Post
You might check with West Coast Cougars. They list a lot of tilt parts and repair the columns according to their U tube video.
Thanks for the suggestion, and yes, I have already contacted them. They can fully repair these tilt columns, and I plan to send my column to them to go through it when I find all the pieces. Unfortunately though, they have trouble finding the parts I am needing too, and prefer to do a core replacement, or restore/fix these specific components.
mqu02 is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 12:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Ma.
Posts: 2,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by mqu02 View Post
Thanks a lot for the message, but I am pretty sure that is the check valve that goes under the hood, which is also reproduced. I am needing the actuator & valve mechanism that mount to the steering column itself. These are the two components that activate and pull the cable on the steering column that release the tilt-away feature, and seem to be pretty hard to find.
None of those parts mount to the steering column in a 68 or 69 they bolt onto a bracket that mounts to the bottom of the metal dash near the steering column... on it there is a relay, vacuum motor, and actuator , vacuum lines with a green and white strip
the 68 bracket is differs from a 69 bracket
9F02R100011 is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mqu02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 555
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9F02R100011 View Post
None of those parts mount to the steering column in a 68 or 69 they bolt onto a bracket that mounts to the bottom of the metal dash near the steering column... on it there is a relay, vacuum motor, and actuator , vacuum lines with a green and white strip
the 68 bracket is differs from a 69 bracket
Thanks for the clarification on the mounting point, and mis-typed - you are correct. Here is a picture of the assembly, and valve is shown on the back of the bracket connected to the actuator with a hose.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg index.jpeg (7.1 KB, 7 views)
mqu02 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome